-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dodgedude

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Contact seller
I am traveling to Central Kansas from Cheyenne, WY on September 20th to pick up my 2 1973 340 standard bore engine blocks. I do not have pictures at this time. One has been cleaned, the other is "as pulled", dirty, but both are standard bore. I will be traveling back to Cheyenne on Sunday, September 22. Traveling through western Kansas, Denver and then north on I-25 to Cheyenne, and could meet anywhere along the route. The blocks are located near Hays, KS if you are east of there and interested let me know.

I am asking $400 each for these. Guaranteed to be good, usable blocks.

I will re-post with pictures once I get to Kansas.

PM if interested. Thanks

Please post the vin #s also. There's alot of people on here looking for their factory blocks. Including me.

No problem. I would also be willing to ship these and I am open to offers??

Thanks

Are they bare blocks? I'm interested, but I live in the Houston area, so meeting is out of the question.

These are BARE blocks, with Main Caps. Both are std bore. They are in Central Kansas, near Great Bend. I will be there on September 21 and part of the day on the 22nd. Then will be bringing them to Cheyenne, WY.

Checked my notes. It was 73 that was the last year for the 340. The 360 came out in 73 also and used 340 blocks.

73 340 4- speeds had a forged crank. Don't think 360's used a 340 block. Different mains?

yes the 318 and 340 shared the same mains and crank. The 360 is it's own animal in that regard.

73 340 4- speeds had a forged crank. Don't think 360's used a 340 block. Different mains?

Different bore as well. You'll get more cubic inches with a 4.00" crank in a 340 than a 360 provided bores are standard or bored out larger in equal increments.

Ok, making the trip tomorrow. Any interest in meeting in Kansas for the 340 blocks? I also have a 72? 340 Engine, std bore, 2.02 J heads, dome pistons, forged crank, crower hydraulic cam, edelbrock intake, with older hooker headers for a body. $1200 buys the complete engine, intake to pan with the headers. $400 each on the bare blocks with main caps, both Standard bore. Will post pictures Saturday night, then will be traveling to Denver, then on to Cheyenne. Can meet anywhere between on Sunday.

Thanks

Trades???

I have a 360 block dated 1971. I believe the reference to 1973 was to usage in the E bodies, as I believe that is when the 360 replaced the 340.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back