2-4bbl intake swap

-

1966 dart wagon

Reaction score
hey guys i was wondering on something, im putting a eddy performer intake with a 4bbl holley on my 69 318, i was wondering are the gasket sizes/ports different sizes? Should i just get a set of 69 340 intake gaskets so that i know the intake port are the right size i dont wanna put a small gasket on a bigger intake port so it restricts alot, i dont think i'll be gasket matching since i wont be pulling the heads unfortunatlly.

If it's just the performer and not the performer rpm then the runners should be the same size or very close to the original 318 head size. you could always measure the old manifold to the new and make sure.

My performer has the port size kind of in between a 318 and a 340/360 but are closer to a 318. I used the 340/360 gaskets because the intake ports are a little larger than the 318 ports and when I matched up the 318 gaskets to the intake it was protruding into the port in some spots. I could have trimmed the gaskets I guess but it was just easier to use the larger port gaskets.

Chuck

-
Back