2 barrel conversion question (SSD?)

-

KosmicKuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
1964 Val, manual trans, 100% rebuilt 225, .08 off the head, Oregon cam, pocket ported, bigger exhaust. 2500 miles on rebuild, runs great!! Still looks stock.

But......
Last year I picked up a nice iron 2 barrel manifold at Carlisle.
Have a nice early A V-8 pedal and cable standing by.
Bought a very nice BBD on eBay cheap. Also have a rebuild kit from Daytona Carb. Metal tag says it is from a 1967 273 manual trans car.

In your opinion, is this a good carb to use?
I still need to come up with a throttle bracket.
I'd like to retain the stock original air cleaner so I'll try welding up a new base to use with the air filter and SUPER 225 top.

I had a '67 273 carb on my '65 225 Valiant for awhile. It ran well. The only real gotchya is the choke lever, which is configured differently for the V8 vs. \6 application. Grab a № 1232 Electric choke kit and make a new pushrod, using the original as a guide, but with a longer top end hook to reach over to the carb lever. This will be obvious once you see the gap the rod needs to fill/jump. Stock Super Six (2bbl '77-'82) throttle bracketry will work fine with the pedal and cable you already have. If the car's an automatic, See this thread for kickdown options. Agree with your air cleaner idea.

-
Back