2 BBL carb and manifold

-

68 signet

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a 2 Barrel manifold and carb for my 68 225 slant six?

Yeah, A lot of the late 70's Aspens & Volares came with a 225 super six which was a 2 bbl motor .Scour the junkyards and you'll get one for cheap. I have one but I'm going to put it on my 66 Valiant vert. They are abundant you just have to look in the right places. Try Whittenborns PH 914 941 2744 He's a slant 6 freak who runs a small repair shop and all he does is slants. I went there once and he gave me the grand tour. We went to 4 or 5 garages and each one was full of Valiant & Dart parts from early 60 thru late 70's . In one place he had about 100 sl 6 manifolds hanging on the walls. It was bizarre ! Ed

Not if you cam it and exhaust it right but if you just slap it on a bone stock slant you are kidding yourself.

The Motor is all stock with 60K original miles. The only thing I have done to it is get rid of the points. That is why I thought a two Barrel would be a better choice. I do not want to tear into the motor. It runs too good to mess with. Just a bit slow with the one barrel.

A 2bbl on a stock 68 slant will work good but the 78 225 has the best cam for the 2 bbl set up. The only thing you really need to do is larger exhaust piping. That one modification helped my slant more than any other thing I did to it. 2 inch id is good with a nice free flowing muffler . You'll really see the difference when you go to pass someone on the hiway. It woke my little 170 right up.

you can find them on aspens, volares, diplomats, new yorkers, pick ups any rear wheel drive 76 to 82 car or truck or van up to 87.
they hve a different kickdown orientation so you need all of that down to the trans as well. plus the air cleaner from your 0ne barrel will not fit.

-
Back