2 'cudas made on same day

-

Justcruisin'

Reaction score
I just bought a 2nd '65 Barracuda. It's pretty rough so it will probably be a parts car but, who knows, maybe it can be fixed up. Anyway, when I was looking at the fender tag I noticed that is was made on the same day in the same plant as my other one. Is this unusual? I also found 5 bucks under the seat. It must be a good omen :mrgreen:

Also, I'm just curious - what is the going price for a rear window, side glass, & steering wheels? I saw a '65 'cuda steering wheel go for $306 on ebay but that looked pretty pricey to me.

That's pretty cool they were made on the same day.....seems like a good omen to me! Maybe you'd better save them both?

I've seen and bought woodgrain wheels from anywhere from $40 to $100 depending on condition. I've seen really nice ones either restored or in really nice condition with good woodgrain, no cracks and nice chrome for $300-400. Other body styles have even pricier wheels so don't be suprised if ours get up there too.

Rear windows are a dime a dozen...very tough and outlast the cars. There's more rear windows around than cars. $25-100 depending on where it is and who needs it. I saw a near NOS one at Carlisle for $200.

Side glass in good condition without any hazing or scratches might actually be worth more than the rear window. I've sold two small front corner windows with really good chrome for $40/pair.

Just my opinion...

Neil

Ya, there easier that the getting a 63 to 66 rear glass for the Valiants. To me that seems hard to believe untill I started looking for one. I have a 65 Cuda rear glass if anybody needs one.

Lee

I thought it was pretty cool that they both came off the same assembly line on the same day. The good car is #265 and the parts car is #034.

The woodgrain steering wheel on the hoopdee is much better than the one in the good ride. It had a cover on it and that saved it. There are quite a few parts on it that are a bit better than on the good one. After I swap out all the parts that I can I might think about getting the parts car running. I don't know though, it's a rust bucket! What's amazing is that as rusty as this car is all of the stainless trim pieces are perfect.

I need to read my fender tag. How do you read it to be able to tell when it was made?

Lee

About 7 years ago I ordered a very expensive guitar which took almost a year for delivery. When I opened the cavity on the back I found that it was completed and signed out on my birthday. I knew from that moment it was meant to be, so maybe this 2nd Cuda you bought, is right where it`s meant to be. I guess the planets were all aligned or something. Good luck and maybe there`s still some life left in Cuda #2.

-
Back