2 door hardtop vs. sedan

-

NJDartman

Reaction score
This may sound like a stupid question, and it may have been covered before.
What is the difference between a 2 door hardtop model Dart and a 2 door sedan? I'm not sure which I have(you can see by my avatar). Can you A-body experts help me?? Thanks!

Hard Tops have roll down rear windows.........Posts' have fixed windows.

My '69 Valiant 2-door post has roll down rear windows....is Prine suggesting someone retrofitted them? :)

Some old mopars that had the roof line of a hard top were refered to as a coupe and had a B-pillar with either fixed rear windows or ones that popped open at the back.

Even my statement about sedans having a B-pillar post is not always true since there have been quite a few 4 door sedans with no B-pillar.

Simple--- Hardtop= no B-pillar (post between side windows) Sedan= post with or without functioning rear windows. Either may be 2 or 4 door. Some believe, and it makes sense if you think aboout it, the sedan is a better potential drag car as the B-pillar offers more rigidity.

:prayer: 65s

Thats just the way " I " always thought of it.

Simple--- Hardtop= no B-pillar (post between side windows) Sedan= post with or without functioning rear windows. Either may be 2 or 4 door. Some believe, and it makes sense if you think aboout it, the sedan is a better potential drag car as the B-pillar offers more rigidity.

I dropped a 360 in my 69 Valiant 2 Door, of course its a post and I have some nice little cracks in the jambs where the B pillar is attached to the jamb. Id say that on a hard top there has to be more flex with out it.
I remember one time I went to the track and made a pass with a new carb. I went to open the door to get out and it was a little tuff and squeaked like hell. Didnt figure out til' a while later that it was from the torque twisting my little Valiant into a pretzel. Oh I broke a motor mount that day too so it was chained to the K frame, Im sure that helped the twist! LOL Damn those were fun times!:-D

Thanks guys, I knew you all would clear it up for me! Everyday I learn more and more, it's a wonder my brain doesn't explode!](*,)

-
Back