2 dr sedan window channels?

-

Revhendo

Master ACME Tech
Reaction score
OK, I have been searching and need some help.
My 69 Valiant 2dr needs the channel on the back of the vent window and the U channels in the door frames. They are just flat disappearing at an alarming rate and my spine tingles when I roll up the door glass and hear that "screech" sound as the window hits the top. So, when the driver door glass decided to take it's own path to the bottom of the door (apparently gravity is a law and not a rule), I decided it is time to address the issue.

Looking at various vendors, I find the horizontal wipers/fuzzies, the vent window channel with vague possibilities of fitting a sedan, and no listing on the door frame channels that I can fathom.

So what is the deal folks? Can someone point an old guy in the right direction?

Now, about those nylon pins that hold the glass to the regulator guides.....:banghead:

Yes!!!...What he said

I'll watch this too.

you mean this stuff"
View attachment glass channels.jpg

if so then you can get it at
http://www.justmopar.com/store.php?crn=205&rn=915&action=show_detail

it's a little pricey for me. I found a guy at my local swap meet that sells it by the foot and it cost me 1.25 a foot, but I've seen it as high as 2.25 a foot. you have to measure the inside channel to get the correct size since there are a couple of sizes but that's still better than the metro super soft seal price. I just redid the convertible for 28 bucks since it didn't need the channel that goes into the top and it's shorter in the back channel. 50-60 buck or so should do a 2 door post car.
hmm let's see
back post about 4 ft
top channel another 3
front channel about 3 so that is about 10 (I'd go 12ft to be safe) per door so 24 ft X 2.25 = 54 bucks

I also found online(forgot the web site but it's here in a post somewhere) the pinch weld outer door seals that were a lot cheaper than buying a kit just for our mopars. I also found out that I have a glue that I can use to get the colored pinchweld without the seal and strip the seal off of the generic pinchweld seal so I can have a color co-ordinated part like the original.
don't get the 3/4 round generic pinch weld seals since they won't compress enough to let the door close right (don't ask me how I know) 1/2 or 5/8th oval will work perfectly and allow you to adjust your door in close.

I've thought about that and it's probably the way I'll go. The vent window piece seems to be a bit different, though.

Also, does anyone have a line on that stupid plastic pin that holds the window guide on the glass?

-
Back