-
Status
Not open for further replies.

gdizzle

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
I am in search of 2 hex bolts, 5/16 - 18 x 3.5inches long to join my exhaust maniolds. must be fully threaded.
I scoured the net, only to find boxes of 10 or 50. and crazy shipping costs.

Anyone have some to spare? Thanks

slant 6 super 6

why do you think you need fully threaded bolts? they go through the intake and thread into the ex. as i recall there should be enough room for 1 1/2 to 2 in. of shank.

I am in search of 2 hex bolts, 5/16 - 18 x 3.5inches long to join my exhaust maniolds. must be fully threaded.
I scoured the net, only to find boxes of 10 or 50. and crazy shipping costs.

Anyone have some to spare? Thanks

slant 6 super 6

why do you think you need fully threaded bolts? they go through the intake and thread into the ex. as i recall there should be enough room for 1 1/2 to 2 in. of shank.
I may have them if I can find them

I know I used a die and ran the threads down further to use grade 8s from hardware store.

Currently using 2 threaded rods, with a nut on each end. PITA to take off and on. Needs to be fully threaded or mostly threaded as the ends have to stick out 1/2in for me to attached the throttle bracket for super six.

After no luck, I took your advice and just cut my own threads into a bolt I already had. Easier than I thought. It was actually some original long (4 in) bolts that came off my 1bbl manifolds. And in my tap/die tools I only own 2 Dies, one happened to be the 5/16 - 18. Then I just hacked off .5 and I am good to go. Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back