2 post lift install -- documented

-
I was a little concerned that it would be a wasted investment, but man I use this thing CONSTANTLY. So far, I haven't done any major projects -- only small jobs here and there, but it is so convenient to be able to get a vehicle in the air and be done with it. I can't wait to drop the engine and transmission out of the '68.

3ZAG2R30SUu4672I28RG6w.jpg

Would you be able to raise the vehicle high enough to hit your beam? Is there a way to lock your lift out without going all the way up and crushing something? Or just have to pay attention? Or you could just mark your lift with a sharpie what vehicle and when to stop.

There's a bar that spans the width of the lift at the top that is a limit switch. If a vehicle hits it, the lift shuts off. You're absolutely right though, the beam in the shop is lower than the limit switch, so the other day my pops and I were discussing moving the bar to the bottom of the beam to prevent any accidents.

With cars, they are low enough so that I can raise the lift all the way without hitting the beam, but my truck and other SUVs that are taller will hit for sure.

I’m not sure about its adjustability, but I’m pretty confident I can just relocate it without any problem. I don’t know if you can see it in the picture, but I’ve circled the bar.

51711767-4035-4BBA-A2C8-200F71D1F2F2.jpeg

Yes I’ve seen what you’re talking about thats a great idea, or clamp something on the bar thats as low as the beam that then push’s on the safety bar. Simply im sure.

I was a little concerned that it would be a wasted investment, but man I use this thing CONSTANTLY. So far, I haven't done any major projects -- only small jobs here and there, but it is so convenient to be able to get a vehicle in the air and be done with it. I can't wait to drop the engine and transmission out of the '68.

View attachment 1716059224
You will never regret the investment, guaranteed!

Nice work and documentation. Enjoy the lift. I can’t buy one yet. I have a slab but I don’t have a shop. Ran outa money. This slab cost me 15 grand, 5 years ago. LOL.

9A0E31C4-BC32-46F2-8CA5-E6574E192169.jpeg

860377E9-B787-4D73-A41A-CB02E22437C4.jpeg

-
Back