2 row Aluminum Radiator

-
Anyone using a radiator from Engineering Cooling Products? They claim their 2 row rad cool better that 3 or 4 row. Looking at one for a small block 416 stroker application.
26" Small Block Mopar Radiator
I replaced my stock 3 row rad 2 years ago with one. It keeps the temp at a steady180*.
416 using the factory shroud and clutch fan. FYI I did have to alter the mounting flange locations a bit, top ones were fine but the bottoms ones were to low if I remember correctly. this was in an e-body.

Normally, a big 2 row has the ability to cool your car a little better than your original 3 row. but there are a lot of other factors involved. ECP is a big 2 row. So it does have some extra volume that can help cool that bigger motor you are putting in there.

Have you run your current combination with your 3 row? What were the results?
Do you want to keep your oem fan shroud? or are you going to use electric fans.

The answers would further define whether an aluminum radiator is the better choice or not and then it might also define whether ECP is the right aluminum radiator for your vehicle.

Anyone using a radiator from Engineering Cooling Products? They claim their 2 row rad cool better that 3 or 4 row. Looking at one for a small block 416 stroker application.
26" Small Block Mopar Radiator

Yes, it will out cool a 3 or 4 core radiator.

That said, if you don't want to drill extra holes in your core support and trim some of the brackets on the radiator, look for a different brand.

They cool like jack the bear, but they are not a drop in fit. Other than that, they work.

As I've posted before, I'd look into the Cold Case radiator very close before I bought anything else. They are a sponsor here. And they say theirs is a drop in fit.

A for sure, use a big 2 core radiator. More cores is NOT better.

Normally, a big 2 row has the ability to cool your car a little better than your original 3 row. but there are a lot of other factors involved. ECP is a big 2 row. So it does have some extra volume that can help cool that bigger motor you are putting in there.

Have you run your current combination with your 3 row? What were the results?
Do you want to keep your oem fan shroud? or are you going to use electric fans.

The answers would further define whether an aluminum radiator is the better choice or not and then it might also define whether ECP is the right aluminum radiator for your vehicle.
The curre

That said, if you don't want to drill extra holes in your core support and trim some of the brackets on the radiator, look for a different brand.

They cool like jack the bear, but they are not a drop in fit. Other than that, they work.

As I've posted before, I'd look into the Cold Case radiator very close before I bought anything else. They are a sponsor here. And they say theirs is a drop in fit.

Thanks for the response and lead on the Cold Case radiator. I see they are at SEMA - will have to stop by and visit. I prefer a drop in replacement as I plan to use the original shroud and clutch fan. This is going into a '87 Fifth Ave. 4-speed equipped sleeper.

----------------------AGREE W/ THIS POST!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

-
Back