2 speed wiper motor and a 3 speed switch plug??

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I bought a used dash harness for my car as mine was hacked up. I am just now checking the wipers and I am finding that my 72 2 speed switch will not plug into the harness but I do have a 3 speed switch that will fit the harness connector plug? It is 3488764 and has a rectangular small box off on one side. So my problem is, if I want to hook up the correct 2 speed switch which I believe is 3488781 and I find the correct connector plug, will it be an issue?

The wiring harness, switch & wiper motor are different between 2 & 3 speed.

Yes, I agree. But I was wondering if I found a two speed under the dash connector, could I cut it in to operate the 2 speed motor without a lot of trouble regarding the wiring harness bundle under the dash?? Or should I change the motor to a 3 speed. I may have a hard time as the car is an a/c car and it is tough getting up under the dash to change motor cranks?

I have read that the connector for the 2 and 3 speed switches are exactly the same but not all terminals are used? Is that correct? I also noticed today that my 72 Dart manual does not show a red wire at the switch, however, there is a red wire on mine? Is it a different year harness that I bought??

I "think" if you install/switch over the 2 speed plug from your old harness into your new one, it will work. I don't believe the 2 & 3 speed switches are the same as the plugins are different spade configurations....

Wish I could help more, but maybe someone else will confirm.

I "think" if you install/switch over the 2 speed plug from your old harness into your new one, it will work. I don't believe the 2 & 3 speed switches are the same as the plugins are different spade configurations....

Wish I could help more, but maybe someone else will confirm.

Yes, however, not realizing they were different configurations, I threw the entire old harness away because it was so chopped up?? Ugh...

-
Back