2 speed wipers do not self cancel

-

RonsSwinger

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello there:

The wipers in my 71’ Dart do not self cancel. I hear that the problem may be some sort of a grounding issue at the switch. The switch seems to operate fine in low/high setting. I just have to catch the off position at the right time to cancel them at the bottom of the windshield. Any thoughts

I had the same problem. The issue turned out to be that the grease for the gears turned hard and wouldn’t allow the parking mechanism to function properly.

I had the same problem. The issue turned out to be that the grease for the gears turned hard and wouldn’t allow the parking mechanism to function properly.
Hello there:

The wipers in my 71’ Dart do not self cancel. I hear that the problem may be some sort of a grounding issue at the switch. The switch seems to operate fine in low/high setting. I just have to catch the off position at the right time to cancel them at the bottom of the windshield. Any thoughts
It seems like the jury is out on my wiper issue. I don’t think I have one. I got a response stating that the 2spd wipers did not self park in 71’. I did some digging and I think they started the self park at 73’. Cheers Ron. D

-
Back