2 Valiants. One Will Live, One Won't

-

LTDan

Reaction score
A buddy was using a 70 Valiant as a parts car for his 69 Dart, I think mainly for the inner fenders and some other structural sections. He calls me up the other day and says he got everything he needed and that I could come grab anything that was good for my 68 Valiant before it goes to scrap. There wasnt a whole lot that I could use since mine is a 68 2 door and thats a 70 4 door but I was able to get the glass, front bumper (which I desperately needed since mine was twisted badly in a wreck before I got the car) the window trim and a few other odds and ends.

Anyway heres the donor and the recipient just before its trip to the great Mopar graveyard in the sky

2 Valiants.jpg

there wasnt much that could be salvaged from that car

the 70 went to the scrap yard today, everything that was worth saving was saved

there wasnt much that could be salvaged from that car

the 70 went to the scrap yard today, everything that was worth saving was saved

I sure hope you saved more than what the picture shows is on the car..

From what I can see.. rear bumper, quarter panels, tail lights, trim, trunk lid, hood, roof skin, doors..

nope, most of that stuff was rusted or pitted beyond repair. The original owner lived near the beach and thanks to years of neglect, the car was was rotting from the inside out. Almost everything underneath was trashed, the hood and trunk had huge holes them, the doors are OK but its a 4 door. Surprisingly the quarters were in good shape so after I left the owner cut them off for patch panels and the rockers as well. The door handles and all the chrome are very badly pitted and not worth saving considering that stuff is not hard to find. By the way it was a 27,000 mile car with a /6 and 3 on the tree. Would have made a nice daily driver or entry Mopar for someone.

-
Back