20 to 1 manual steering gear

-

mischiefdart

Reaction score
I bought a 20 to 1 worm and nut assembly to rebuild my large sector manual steering box with. Well it does not fit very well. The teeth on the nut do not mesh with the sector gear smoothly and hit the inside of the case. I got it from a major mopar specific parts house and I'm a bit disappointed. When I compare it to the original nut the new part's teeth are taller and not radiused on the corners. Has anyone else had difficulty installing a 20 to 1 assembly in their box?

I don't know where you got that from ... BUT those are hard to come by recently... i tried looking for a 20-1 so i could rebuild my manual box... and the only person i knew that had "1" was firm feel .... China product?

I bought it possibly two years ago and it was on sale or close out can't remember now. Yes probably a China repop. I did not get it from firm feel but I would be surprised if more than one factory was making these. I really hate taking a grinder to a brand new part, especially something like this, to make it work but I can't return it at this point. Hopefully it is not an expensive paper weight.

my 20-1 wwent in no problem it was a mopar unit but sitting around awhile.

Mine is definitely aftermarket and looked like good quality until I tried to install it. I think with some gentle massaging it will work.

-
Back