$200 sound good for cop car wheels?

-

fastback68cuda

Reaction score
i found a set of four wheels (15x7) shipped for $200. they need to be blasted ($10 each) and powder coated ($20-$25 each) so that brings me to $340 or roughly $85 each.

i know they're hard to come by and have seen them going for much more at the auto swap meets but does $200 sound reasonable or can they be had for cheaper? also, not having had anything blasted or coated before do those prices sound ok?

the only other place i have found that sells these cleaned up is stockton wheel and they want $135 each for bare wheels so i don't have much to compare to.

u know, up until you mentioned it i hadn't considered not POWDER-COATING :) them...seems paint would chip easily during tire installation, etc...anyone have any experience with painted wheels?

I had two bent wheels on the notch. Bought salvage wheels to replace the bent ones and blasted all 4 to clean up. Base coat of por-15 with the HVLP and two cover coats of por-15, the last coat clear. I am happy with the results, they look great!
Rat

fastback68cuda said:
u know, up until you mentioned it i hadn't considered not POWDER-COATING :) them...seems paint would chip easily during tire installation, etc...anyone have any experience with painted wheels?

I would have a place with a MAG machine mount them, That way nothing touches the rim when they are mounted.

Also make sure to tell them you want them "Static" balanced. That way they will pound the wieghts on the back of the rim and will not effect your paint.

I used to do Tires ;) any Tire place will have a Mag machine.

and you don't wanna hear about the deal I just got for a set of Cop Rims, so I'm planning the same thing. it'll look hot :thumbup:

i got mine on the cheap also, $80 but there are some for sale localy for $200. mine are 15X8's tho'. i got lucky i guess

steve

I got 2 for free, I'm on the hunt for 2 more. Also the 15x8's. Gotta get a nice set of Mickys for the back now :thumbup:

scamp73 said:
i got mine on the cheap also, $80 but there are some for sale localy for $200. mine are 15X8's tho'. i got lucky i guess

steve

wish i had found some locally, probably could have if i had been more patient and checked the local meets. but shipping from kansas came to $30/wheel so that means the wheels came to $80 also which i figure isn't bad.

i just received the wheels this weeks and got around to measuring them...they're also 8 inches wide...more tire! now i just need to find a nice combo so i can have a bigger tire in the rear.

I got a set of wheels wrapped in knee-deep rubber. They were on the dippy cop car I paid $75 for. Is that a good deal? :glasses5:

-
Back