2002 dodge truck (1500) trans (any tech guys)

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
:read2:Hay all my check engine light is on again and I took it to the local auto parts store and they checked the code for my it came out as po736 rev. ratio incorrect I ask what would I need to do to fix this problem they looked on the puter and said a speed sensor that goes on the back axle would take care of this ...I's that right???I need to get this fixed it's time for the old obd check feb.thanks

Sounds right and it is a very easy fix. Did all your warning lights come on?

no only light thats on is the check engine light...it goes into rev and then it will stop pulling and then start right back.also when I drive it over 65 it will down shift up shift the tach jumps but under 65 ther is no problem.

The fault they pulled off p-0736 is for "gear ratio error in reverse" List of possiable causes are 1. other related DTC's causing fault 2. intermittent gear raito errors 3. Internal Transmission problems. A TPS will not fix this problem unless there is related tps faults in system. Most of the time a gear ratio fault has 2-3 other faults with it, if there is other faults they need to be known in order to narrow problem down

sounds like trans is slipping in reverse causing the gear ratio fault code forreverse gear only,youcould try brake torquing with trans in rev.does the rpms flare or thetires try to spin? if the engine rpms flare trans is slipping and due fora rebuild

yea it does act,like its slipping some time but it did this before and I changed the filter and fuild and the light was gone now it's back with a different code..but as I said its some time not all the time and when it do act like its slipping it will do it for just a few seconds then like its never done it...man I hope I dont have to put this thing in the shop .:clock:

What was the fault code before you changed the fluid and filter ????

it was the same code I just found it in my box of mopar stuff.this was last year I think around june/july..I didnt think about it being the same code ..what should I do beside chage the filter/fluid????????oh so the sensor that they told me is not what I need ?

the sensor on rear axle is for the abs not the trans. was there any other codes also or just the one

I personally think you should try to cycle the key to see if any more faults are present. I found this method is better that the parts store el cheap o scanner. There has to be more info than just the gear ratio error

thats the only code that they got .how do I do this key trick????????

You cycle the key 3 times and leave it in the on position - faults come up in odometer display

thanks I'll try that and see what I come up with

hay all I tried the key thing and I got 2 codes now I hope I can get this thing fixed the first code was p1491 and the 2 code was p0700 and then it said done...... what do I need to do to fix this sorry for the problems but I need to fix this ..thanks

The 1491 is a Evap code not transmission related - to 700 is a etax controller signal telling you their are fault present in the transmission control module hate to say but your going to need to take it some where that has a professional grade scanner

-
Back