2006 jeep vs 2007 Chrysler 300 Hemi difference

-

Rnscustom

Reaction score
Hi , I’ve been real busy so I haven't been on much . My question is are the Jeep / car hemi’s the same ( as far as the internals and electronics . My wife’s 2006 commander Hemi blew ( dropped a valve seat ) and I have an opportunity for a 5.7 out of a 2007 Chrysler 300. 2006 -2008 jeep hemi’s are the same but what about the car stuff . Of course swapping out the accessories . Thanks for any help , Richard

I have a 2007 Charger RT with the 5.7 L Hemi. It dropped a valve seat at 140,000 miles. I found out that it was a common thing for the 5.7 Hemi built in 2005-5007 to do that among having other issues. I decided to get a remanufactured 5.7 Hemi from Jasper engines. They claimed that they corrected all of the issues with that engine. It has been two years since I replaced the engine and I have had no problems.
I hope this information helps with your decision about your engine.

I would think it would be safe to use the long block from the 300. (Short block assy with heads)
Just use the intake, timing cover and accessories from the Jeep.

You might run this by someone like MMX or DIYHemi to be sure.

If I'm not mistaken, the early year(03-08?) Jeep and car engines shared the same front accessory drives and covers. I know the Durango of those years had the truck front cover and drive and it's own oil pan. Also, like Kosmic already pointed out, the basic longblocks are the same in the early years 03-08.

Just checked moparpartsoverstock.com and the part numbers are same for the timing covers between the Commander and 300.

-
Back