2008 Dodge Challenger Pics (6 New Ones)

-
man without a doubt those are the best pics to date! they answered alot of questions for me....it looks like they are doing it up right. glad to see it. if sales are good for this car we may see other muscle cars coming out of retirement! sweeeeet!

Damn...

I wanted one when I saw the sketches. Now I REALLY want one!

2008, huh? Maybe if I start saving now, by then I'll have a down payment saved up!

Jay

Of course the link does not work for me. I plan to go to the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) next month. I will borrow a digital camera and take some pics of it, if allowed I don't even know if I can take pics. Then email to someone here because I don't know how to upload them. I will probably be there on one of the first couple of days, hopefully it is unvieled by then.

Looks awsome----any one heard any $$$? If they can sell one for around 25K w/hemi and 5 or 6 sp. trans, I would really be thinking.

I was psyched when I first heard about the Hemi Charger and then when I saw 4 doors and the styling I was bummed. This is much more like it! Finally a modern Mopar muscle car that looks like a muscle car.Has anyone seen the performance figures on it?

plum360415 said:
Looks awsome----any one heard any $$$? If they can sell one for around 25K w/hemi and 5 or 6 sp. trans, I would really be thinking.

I'm thinking you're probably off by $10-15k. My Hemi Magnum was $32k last year, so by 08/09 when the Challenger is due to come out, I'll probably be more in the mid to high 30's. Even at that, I'll be trading my Magnum in for one- the lease is up in December 2008- perfect timing.....lol.

Jason96R said:
Of course the link does not work for me. I plan to go to the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) next month. I will borrow a digital camera and take some pics of it, if allowed I don't even know if I can take pics. Then email to someone here because I don't know how to upload them. I will probably be there on one of the first couple of days, hopefully it is unvieled by then.

http://forums.autoweek.com/servlet/...31-24942-567237-25692/2008 Challenger 002.jpg

I finally got onto the autoweek.com forums to take a look at the pics, but they went down again while I was on them. Here are the same pics from Allpar: http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html

If you couldn't tell I am very excited about this car, and will probably be let down when it ends up being a 4 door. Right now it looks awesome, but somethings in the interior could be fixed. Such as the seats I love the part that you would sit on, because it looks old school but the rest of the seat looks bulky. Right now eventhough the angle is not the best shifter and center console look kind of cheap.

plum360415 said:

Don't hold your breath. The Charger SRT-8's are MSRP'ing at $39K, and the dealerships are attaching a "because we can" fee of between $5K and $10K, bringing the price tag to over $50K. And thats' for the Charger. :wack:

I'm also not too optimistic about a manual tranny, since they fanned on them in the Charger, but we can hope. The Challenger will likely be another $10K on top of the MSRP of the Charger since it will be targeting the higher priced Mustangs (can you REALLY see DCX putting a 6 in these???) and the Corvette. We can hope, but I'm betting these come in around $50K-$60K.

Sigh.........

-
Back