2009 Challenger R/T

-

imacbo

Reaction score
Any idea on price or numbers made yet? Gawd I want one sooo freaking bad

Any idea on price or numbers made yet? Gawd I want one sooo freaking bad

The price will be what ever you're prepared to pay starting at 40K and going up and I think production has started but they're probably all spoken for allready.

Terry

Where I'm located the sticker on the '08 SRT loaded is 41 k. And the dealers didn't jack the price up. They were only able to get six. My father and I went and sat in one today to see if he would fit (6' 7" 275 lbs) and he had no problems what so ever.

As far as production they're taking orders for the '09 models but they really can't 'build them to your specifications' yet. The '09 R/T's and SRT's will be easy to obtain. Also the manual transmission with 3.91's and a posi will be less expensive than an auto. We're either getting the Hemi Orange or B5 blue (later availability). The B5 will be harder to obtain for sure. We're going to be paying around 39-41K for the SRT. It pays to be friends with the dealership owners :)

the prices have been released 21,995 for a base model with a 3.5L v6 4 speed auto, 29,995 for a R/T with the 5.7 v8 5 speed auto +995 for a 6 speed manual, 39,995 for a 6.1L v8 with a 6 speed manual.

i want this one!

turbocharged-dodge-challeng.jpg

i want this one!

Yuck. The flames look like those cheap decals you'd see on a delivery truck for somebody's business run from home and the blower & exhaust are straight from some cheesy Mad Max movie. You can have it.

Most reports previously indicated that the current crop of SRT8 Challengers were all spoken for before they were even built; not so. We just bought a new Caliber SRT4 & a new Avenger a few weeks ago. Our dealer has an allocation for 3 Challengers and only 2 have sold so far so they were trying to talk me into buying three new cars at once instead of two. They're out there if somebody really wants one.

Ray

WISH I COULD afford one but right now im just happy that i can pay rent a spend whats left on 4.00 a gallon gas:angry7:

Challenger R/T Base Price $29,320

Destination - $675
27J package - $2,135
6-speed tranny - $995
Chrome Clad wheels - $1350
spare tir - $100
electronics conv group - $1245 auto / $1060 stick
block heater $40
HIDS - $695
MyGIG - $1700 base / $1390 as upgrade
Sunroof - $950
R/T hood to fender stripes - $200
Sirius - $195
sound group I - $995
sound group II - 535 / w/RER $185
*leather is included in the 27/28j package

Challenger SRT-8 Base price - $39,320

Destination $675
6-speed $695
perf tires $100
delete hood stripe - (250)
mygig $1240 or $890 with AY2 package
Sunroof $950
SRT option group II $1,045 (AY2 aka kicker sound group)

The 6spd SRT will have about $400 less in GG TAX since it gets 1 mpg better fuel rating. This GGTAX for the SRT is on top of the prices above. About $2100 on an automatic, and $1700 on a stick.

Yuck. The flames look like those cheap decals you'd see on a delivery truck for somebody's business run from home and the blower & exhaust are straight from some cheesy Mad Max movie. You can have it.

Most reports previously indicated that the current crop of SRT8 Challengers were all spoken for before they were even built; not so. We just bought a new Caliber SRT4 & a new Avenger a few weeks ago. Our dealer has an allocation for 3 Challengers and only 2 have sold so far so they were trying to talk me into buying three new cars at once instead of two. They're out there if somebody really wants one.

Ray

Hey theres nothing wrong with sidepipes!

DSC03709.jpg

I want a white one with these wheels.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_o85pehK9do

this will give you an idea of what the first year Challengers will sell for. This dealer wasn't even shy about advertising their $15k dealer markup (BTW - they raised it from $12k). For those of you who say you've closed deals at MSRP, don't be surprised if the dealer tries to squirm their way out of the deal. They would be stupid to sell at MSRP, supply and demand. You'll probably see similar trend (although not as high) at the beginning of 2009.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/716764500.html

with a $15,000 mark up I hope the dealerships (stealerships ?) get stuck with them.

with a $15,000 mark up I hope the dealerships (stealerships ?) get stuck with them.

I would love to see that. However, some guy or gal is going to want it bad enough to pay that price. When the Shelby Mustangs first came out, dealers in this area were asking $20k+ above sticker...a $42,995 MSRP marked up to $70k. It was ridiculous.

Dealer by me has 6 ordered. Not sure they will get them all. First one already sold!!!! $20K over sticker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can buy a nice restored one for that.....without the instant depreciation!!!

Bob

And you would be absolutely correct...BUT THE ONES ON THAT CHALLENGER ARE BIT MUCH UNLESS YOUR NAME IS MEL GIBSON AND YOUR SEAT COVER IS NAMED TINA TURNER!!!

LOL!

Ray

lol I just bought The Road Warrior and Thunderdome DVD 2 pack lol.

I would love to see that. However, some guy or gal is going to want it bad enough to pay that price. When the Shelby Mustangs first came out, dealers in this area were asking $20k+ above sticker...a $42,995 MSRP marked up to $70k. It was ridiculous.
i love the new challengers, especially the black on black... but $70k would go a long way on the old challenger i already own..:read2:

I'm not sure on how many are being built. BUT...I have seen quite a few tractor trailers full of new orange & black Challengers headed south through our area (near Detroit).

sorry id rather have a old one. i love them dont get me wrong but id do anything in this world for a 70 challenger

Supposed to be 5500 of the current SRT-8 autos, with 5000 for the US and the other 500 for Canada

supposedly

I think your taking it a little to serious. it's just a picture. And you gotta problem with mad max movies? (lol)

Man I don't know. That is a lot of money for a Charger with the rear doors cut off. Mabby thay are charging buy the pound. 4100 or so of them. LOL

With all due respect to you and to many other folks that think a dealer shouldn't get over list if he can on a sought-over limited production model, I believe as a Dodge Dealer the rule of Supply & Demand should dictate. Every other model in his store the consumer can buy for close to invoice or less, so if you have a chance to make some money to pay the bills he/she should go for it. The key is "limited availability". If it turns out there are more buyers than vehicles available the price should be higher. No different than a "mint" Dodge Neon could be worth more than a "mint" Durango in this market. Are Toyota dealers only getting MRSP for their Prius' ? I think not!
P.S. I have one that should arrive sometime this week and if it does I'll bring it to Marcus on the 21 st. See you there! Jim

I've got news on that subject...having recently left the car biz. Most dealerships that are lucky enough to have something like this that will sell for a hunk over sticker will only give a token amount to the salesperson involved.

Case in point. The last place I left had 3 Challengers coming, with two already "sold" for $10K over. They paid the salesperson 10%. same at a Ford store near me that sold a couple of GTs. In that case it was more money, cause they sold for more than $25K over. Still, you would think the dealerships would treat their salespeople better.

But they don't. Most look at the sales staff as a "consumable" to be eaten and spit out. They don't care if you're their top salesman or not....which is why I got out.Top in sales. Promises made and then not kept. They flat didn't care if I stayed.

-
Back