2013 Campbell River BC car show - lots of pictures

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
I went to a car show yesterday, roughly 2 hours from home. The drive there was great, the weather was great, however I guess my camera lens was dirty so the pictures are so-so.

Anyways, here they are, enjoy.

This Barracuda is just crazy, the amount of $$ and time into it. Cool to see someone do an Early A.

One owner, unrestored 77 Ford 4x4.

Cobra Jet 428.

The same guy!! owned all these Mopars. He won RCMP choice for his Hemi Charger.
Most were 4 speeds too, except the yellow Coronet on the end.

A real A12 car.

Funky Lancer at the show.

Had to sneak in a picture of mine.
Funny story, a kid about 12 was really into my Dart, he said his favorite car is the Dart, and he really likes dark green. So he looked around it, then asked if I could start it for him. Ok, fire it up, then he asks if I can rev it. So I revved it up, and could hear the crack of the compression. Then I hear a little guy crying, so I shut the car off, walk around back, and there's a little boy just bawling. Apparently he was standing behind the car and his ear was pretty much in line with one of the tail pipes. Oops.

Met up with Trevor at the show, with his 69 383 GTS he bought new, now running a 451. He has the original 383 but is looking for an uncut oil pan for it.

This guy has some neat stuff, including an original 64 Hemi Polara, a 79 Roadrunner, and an original Aspen kit car with under 5000 miles on it.

I spoke with the owner's dad about this one. The owner is a mortgage broker, and is paralyzed waist down. He helped out a hot rod builder with his house, and went the extra mile with it. The hot rod builder was so thankful, he built this car for free for the guy, and built it with hand controls so he can drive it.

thanks for posting the great photos mike.
that 68 charger looks great in b5 blue....I think im convinced when I paint my dart I
am going this colour.......
lots of nice shows there on the island---would like to make it over to one next year.
bruce

No problem Bruce! Carmen and I will be in our new house by then so feel free to stop by!

There are some cool cars on the island for sure.

-
Back