2013 Indy Mecum Auction

-

WildCat

Reaction score
The auction starts Tuesday

Will be working the WEST PAVILLION as coordinator again this year. If you happen to come to the auction and make it out to the west PAVILLION, stop and say hi. Will be wearing a blue Mecum polo shirt and red Mecum hat (unless they change color this year) and have my LARRY Mecum name badge

Yep, we can watch the cost of our hobby be artificially inflated.

Good car show, but other than that, I don't believe all these high visibility auctions help the hobby, at all.

No offense meant, just my 2¢

Yep, we can watch the cost of our hobby be artificially inflated.

Good car show, but other than that, I don't believe all these high visibility auctions help the hobby, at all.

No offense meant, just my 2¢

You hit the nail square on the head.The average person is slowly getting priced out of the market.

You hit the nail square on the head.The average person is slowly getting priced out of the market.

Yes it does cause people to think their cars are worth a lot more than they are, but for $20 it is the BEST CAR SHOW you can go to.

In the past few years prices has come down some.

Enjoy watching it on TV but nothing like being there

I agree..Went to Barrett-Jackson last year and will probably go again. I am odd man out here tho as FOR ME the best car show there is is in the sportsman pits at any drag race.

I agree..Went to Barrett-Jackson last year and will probably go again. I am odd man out here tho as FOR ME the best car show there is is in the sportsman pits at any drag race.

I know, worthless without pictures

BUT GUYS HAVE TO TELL YOU

I have NEVER SEEN this many A BODIES at auction before

67, 68, 69 big block GTS DARTS

Several Mr. Norms Demons, one 6 PAC others didn't get good look at

Cuda, convertibles, fastback, Hemi, Formula S

There has to be maybe 20 A

Even an older race car, seen from distance, not sure if 66 factory or just one made into race car

Oh several super birds, one that was actually raced, but put back to street form

Didn't get put in west PAVILLION, I'm in the SOLD lot, so no one can find me, LOL

Well they are selling

Don't know what they brought but my friends MORE DOOR, 72 Valiant brought more than reserve and is going to a very happy new owner. B5 blue, black vinyl top 318, auto air and over the top restored well documented car.

A 67 440 Dart 270 looking good with 6 pak hood sold in the 18k range is what the seller told me

67 Dart convertible that was a guy I know and help him out with some parts, got to find out what it sold for

69 Swinger, copper black top and interior, 4 speed 340 and to be # match buyer told me 11000 plus fees was a nice looking #3 car

Don't know what the sell rate was but I was busy in the sold lot most all day

LOTS OF DEMONS COMING IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS cannot believe the number of GSS demons there, super charged, 6 pak

It might not be for everyone, but it is ONE HELL OF A SHOW

Someone got in trouble with the IRS and the toys get to go...

WildCat, Sounds like lotsa fun to ME.....8-)

Do you have any info on TV coverage or an internet link?

I worked a classic/muscle car auction a couple of weeks ago and what a blast! Never been around that many sweet muscle cars at one time and got to drive some pretty impressive stuff, including mopars. Lot's of mopars, just no A-bodies.

Fun, fun, fun!

I worked a classic/muscle car auction a couple of weeks ago and what a blast! Never been around that many sweet muscle cars at one time and got to drive some pretty impressive stuff, including mopars. Lot's of mopars, just no A-bodies.

Fun, fun, fun!

Just guessing 30-40 ABODIES

I have never seen this many A bodies at one auction before, drove several high quality cars and a few POLISHED TURDS

i looked at the list of A-body cars and thought it was a list from past auctions.

mecum auctions seem more reasonable than BJ.

-
Back