2014 Scat pack !!

-
the new chevy may not be as fast but it sure leads the pack for curb appeal....most of my friends who are girls who don't know which car is which will say that this is the winner in looks Dept. for the newer cars and I have to say I agree. :-?:-?:-? and I think it could be had for a lot less than the challenger.
I would take the challenger.... AND I bet it will resale for more in 15 years.. And like YOU stated, Rani, what do girls know...??? lol

the new chevy may not be as fast but it sure leads the pack for curb appeal....most of my friends who are girls who don't know which car is which will say that this is the winner in looks Dept. for the newer cars and I have to say I agree. :-?:-?:-? and I think it could be had for a lot less than the challenger.
seriously? They could give the Camaro Veyron-performance and it couldn't outrun its own ugliness.

I wouldnt be so sure about that. I set out to buy a Challenger R/T, drove it back to back with the Camaro SS and the Mustang GT and came home with a Ferd...well, technically, I ordered it :D

Stripped, Brembo brakes, optional axle ratio....

I love the modern Challenger but the Mustang eats it up for driving dynamics and all around performance.

Performance yes, driving dynamics LOL you let your wallet do the thinking.
I have a 2012 Challenger and my buddy has a 2012 Mustang.
The seats, interior lay-out in the mustang are very poor compared to the Challenger.

The Challenger weighs more, because it is alot more plush.

My buddy says he is trading his Mustang in this spring for a new Mustang because he cannot stand the rattles in the car.
His car now has 28K miles on it and makes more noise than my 78 power wagon going down the road.

Performance yes, driving dynamics LOL you let your wallet do the thinking.
I have a 2012 Challenger and my buddy has a 2012 Mustang.
The seats, interior lay-out in the mustang are very poor compared to the Challenger.

The Challenger weighs more, because it is alot more plush.

My buddy says he is trading his Mustang in this spring for a new Mustang because he cannot stand the rattles in the car.
His car now has 28K miles on it and makes more noise than my 78 power wagon going down the road.

You lost me on that one. I could have picked up a manual/base Challenger R/T for just about the same money as my manual/base/brembo package Mustang GT.

The Challenger is definitely more roomy and has a smoother ride. The interior quality was very comparable to my eye but I don't care too much about that stuff...and the front seats are still plenty roomy in the Mustang.

I'm more interested in how the car behaves when you step on the pedals and turn the wheel. The modern Challenger is fantastic and it does everything well and is plenty quick, it just misses the mark for my preferences when compared to the Ferd which is much more of an all around performance car.

That doesn't sound to good, I've been looking at a possible job transfer to maybe the Raleigh or Winston salem area ... I don't think our economy is doing that "great", I was just making the statement that the average new car is unfortunately well into the 30K range

I wont by a new car either, I like holding the title to all my cars and no car payment ! Truck prices are crazy, who wants to pay over $40K for a truck and then load the bed with gravel ? !! 6 kids, wow ... I stopped at 2 ! You obviously have more patience then me, my 2 drive me nuts !
Well if I can get get to a computer later (Im on a cell with a touch keyboard and it sucks) I'll shoot you a pm to give you a little more insight on our economy.

IMO though, our stongest economic hotspots in this state is Greenesboro and Charlotte.

Well if I can get get to a computer later (Im on a cell with a touch keyboard and it sucks) I'll shoot you a pm to give you a little more insight on our economy.

IMO though, our stongest economic hotspots in this state is Greenesboro and Charlotte.

Thanks, I could do Greensboro but would have to live outside the City ! Its all dependent on where my wife can find a job. I can get a job anywhere, I just turn wrenched for a living and she's the one with the degree !

For whom ? I have yet to run into someone who likes the looks of the chebby (unless that work for GM). As well,Chebby must have changed the ergonomics in it since I last drove one...I don't like the gauges being down and to the right....the cabin isn't comfortable. BTW, the Aztec was also a winner in the eyes of it's target market as well... And chevy is always over priced..even with their trucks..

And the guy who has a rattly mustang...mine has a lot more miles and it is still sweat as when I got it...mind you, my loud comes from the side pipes and air intake. I guess it is how you drive you car..if you are thrashing it all the time and driving over cruddy roads, you will develop rattles..

im actually starting to like mustangs. these so called SRT performers cant hold a candle to a mustang 5.0 yet alone the gt500. lighter, faster, more powerful. everyone and there brother has a mustang for a reason. because theyre badass performers. i want one. mustangs...my archangel.

im actually starting to like mustangs. these so called SRT performers cant hold a candle to a mustang 5.0 yet alone the gt500. lighter, faster, more powerful. everyone and there brother has a mustang for a reason. because theyre badass performers. i want one. mustangs...my archangel.

This.

Here's my mustang at the Berlin Turnpike (CT) last summer...I will have even more fun with the Dart next year but I love the hell out of my GT.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 149
Vista blue...I like :)

Thanks! That paint is really close to Vista Blue but in 2010-2012 (like my '11) their dark blue paint was Kona Blue... it looks totally deep purple in some light angles. I love it.

I do too.

I think I have a week or so more before I have to tuck it away for the winter.

Ian.

I do too.

I think I have a week or so more before I have to tuck it away for the winter.

Ian.

Yep winter has officially hit west texas. 20 degrees F last night. No snow yet. I have an 07 mustang GT . I think the car is pretty bad ***. I wish it came with the 5.0 tho. My 4.6 is right around 331hp with my goodies and computer tune. I got it in vista blue, with a stick shift. Lotsa fun when you shut off the TCS and get is sideways outta first and second gear lol. Nice thing was playing the option sheet when i ordered it. Got exactly what i wanted. I like the challys too, but too late to the party, too heavy, and too pricey. My loaded GT cost $29K out the door. At the time i bought it, mopar was getting ready to launch the srt challenger. Made no sense to me to offer just an uber expensive car, and not a lesser one with a smaller v8 and a V6. They did this later on. But i think a lot of people by this time looking at bang for the buck went to ride the pony by then. The challenger is a super cool car dont get me wrong. Mebbe i will get a used one a couple years from now.

i think the new scat pack is cool....just a lil to late as some have already said....also i think the challenger should be low and wide,like the old ones and the new camaro...not tall and thin.that stance is what makes the camaro look so mean.the challengers do look good with all the right stuff,but then its a 50g car.

i can't buy any of em tho,and prefer older cars anyway.

The new challenger would be a C body if it were built in 1970. Put one side by side with a 1970 and you will he shocked at the size of the new one. The new mustang is the same size as a new Chrysler 200. Drop the hemi in that, make it rear wheel drive, lose a set of doors, and make it look better and then you'd have something to compete with Mustang.

I agree that the new Challenger is a large car.
Just backing the car up safely is a ***** the whole rear of the car is a big blind spot.

-
Back