2014 Summit Racing 2.5" dual kit

-

MTmopars

Reaction score
As the title states. I came home to a box on the steps. This is the current summit dual exhaust kit. The mufflers are Imco T911. The clamps appear to be quite cheap. The mufflers have some heft and do not neck down insde.

Attachments

• 20140425_190940.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 852
  • 20140425_190948.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 810
  • 20140425_191623.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 812
The other pieces I also picked the summit universal X pipe kit and pypes slip on rectangle exhaust tips.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_13983013669276669.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 785
  • FB_IMG_13983013173883153.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 796
Is it going on the Barracuda?I'd be interested on how well it fits as I may be doing the same soon.

Is it going on the Barracuda?I'd be interested on how well it fits as I may be doing the same soon.

Yes. I have the Schumacher headers so I k ow I will need to make head pipes plus the x-pipe kit will add more challenge.

All I have done is open the boxes. I paid 440 for everything. 100 for tips, 90 X pipe and 250 for kit.

Got some work done today. Stiff have to tweak some of the joints and finish the head pipes but I am pretty happy with how it turned out. Being from very rural MT my o lyrics option for one head pipe was a crush bent 20-30* elbow to connect to the driver side tri-y. Only one shop in town and it isn't even an exhaust shop.

Attachments

• 20140426_190547.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 749
  • 20140426_190505.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 769
  • 20140426_190514.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 751
  • 20140426_190525.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 740
  • 20140426_190641.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 778
My Schumacher headers should be here any time and I'm also considering the Exhaust from Jegs or Summit why didn't you get the Schumacher flange pipes

Attachments

• BRB%20Ball%20Joint%20Flange%20Pipes.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 775
I was looking hard at those. The street pros are a chambered design and have reports of drone. The race pros are the quietest and are built like a magna flow or dyno max straight through, The violators are the loudest. I have read really good things about the Race Pro mufflers and the overall quality of the systems.

My goal was to have a a mild idle, little to no resonance, and a growl under throttle. I think the Race Pro system would have fit the bill for me, but I don't like the idea of sound absorbing material that degrades making the car louder as the miles tick away.

I am rite with you on all that stuff. I want to drive the car a lot and to loud would get old. I looked at those mufflers on the summit website and they said that sound absorber is stainless steel for what its worth.we could spend 500 dolars on dynamat products to help keep the noise out.Tuf decisions we have to make.be careful one of those big lady's might role over on you and kill you.

Yeah good kit, its on my dart. Mufflers are open chamber and flow well, I have a pic somewhere in my build with one sliced open. :D

Finished the exhaust yesterday.

Attachments

• 20140503_121910.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 925
  • 20140503_172627.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 932
Nice work. Are you happy with the bends and fit? I'm gonna get the 3" kit for my Dart when I do the 360 swap. Been eyeballing Summits Flowmaster knock offs to go with it. I love the tin box flowmaster sound with high compression and a lumpy cam, but not a fan of resonance in the car...

I thought the kit went together well. The joints are nice. I did spend a little time with the grinder on all the male ends so they slipped in easy. The clamps are cheap. The ones that come in the kit have 1/2" nuts. Clamps from Napa have 9/16".

Good deal. Sharp Cuda btw. One day I'll get one too. There is a pic in one of my moms albums with a side by side shot of their Barracudas. Same colors but moms was a 318 and dads a 383 Formula s. Ill post if I can get my hands on it.

I used basically the same setup. Summit 2.5" dual kit, Summit X pipe kit, but with Hedman tight tube headers, and some mandrel bent "U" sections cobbled together from Columbia River Mandrel bending...had to fab up the head pipes to snake around the starter and steering pieces. The head pipes were the worst parts of it...it took the guy like 4 hrs just to do that alone. I think yours came out better/more aligned. Looks good! How are you liking the sound?

I used basically the same setup. Summit 2.5" dual kit, Summit X pipe kit, but with Hedman tight tube headers, and some mandrel bent "U" sections cobbled together from Columbia River Mandrel bending...had to fab up the head pipes to snake around the starter and steering pieces. The head pipes were the worst parts of it...it took the guy like 4 hrs just to do that alone. I think yours came out better/more aligned. Looks good! How are you liking the sound?

I have to finish some wiring and a few odds and ends before I can fire for the first time. Lol. I have a week vacation first week of June. Hoping to fire he up then if not sooner.

I've got a '70 340 dart mild cam dogs headers with the pypes 2 1/2 race pros has a mild rumble cruzin but stomp it and they ROAR.
Jeff

I just bought the same system at a swop meet from the pypes truck for 10% under summits price. going behind a 340 with dougs headers. how did it fit.did you have to bend anything

Yes I did, but I had the pypes on with the hi-po manifolds and tti 2 1/2 down pipes before I got the dougs and had to do some trimming. I think if I had the dougs the first time around they would have bolted right up with no bending.

Jeff

-
Back