2016 Jeep Patriot

-

Got2Gnow

Reaction score
My daughter is looking at purchasing a 2016 Jeep Patriot 4X4 Latitude. Please share your experiences good or bad?
TIA

I can't talk about the Latitude, but we bought a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk for the wife and we have had way too many recalls (first year model?). The dealership took it from us on the first oil change for a leak at the dipstick, then there was a leak up top somewhere that allowed so much oil out the engine shut down. Numerous electrical issues, firmware upgrades for the U connect, hatch switch, wiper motor ground. Ridiculous, I don't think Jeep/Fiat can engineer electrical very well. That being said, the damn thing gets 30 mpg 4 banger, and does well off load in the limited capacity I use it with the push button locker, etc. Leather, fit and finish are also very good. Don't know how much of this would carry over to the Liberty, if any, but I would read up on the service history so far for that vehicle, maybe even look at consumer reports, good luck.

1. Stay away from the Renegade and Compass if she's serious about Jeeps.
2. The Patriot has come a long way in the past couple of years.
I guess some questions need to be asked. What does intend to do with the Jeep? Does she want a Jeep for a Jeep or she wanting a CUV? Kids?
If she's planing on off road driving, she needs to look at a Wrangler, but as a CUV and kids it's a good but not great fit. Remember, it is still a Jeep and tires and other maintenance issues will have to be dealt with as it is required and of course they cost more. It's a 4x4 so there are 2 live axles and a transfer case to maintain, as well as axle and drive shaft u-joints. The new Pacifica is launching soon, so dealers are going to want to unload Caravans and Town & Country's. For kids, these are terrific!
Still the Patriot isn't bad as a Jeep goes, plus she'll get WAVE membership for free for 2 years after she buys and she can renew. For what it is, it's a pretty good deal.
I'm in a Chrysler dealer. The biggest thing I ever see go wrong is stupid things. The most common lately is the USB ports in the media center. I think its due to dirty cords that are left in center consoles with drinks and other crap, but hey, I'm just a dumb ol' parts guy, what do I know!

1. Stay away from the Renegade and Compass if she's serious about Jeeps.
2. The Patriot has come a long way in the past couple of years.
I guess some questions need to be asked. What does intend to do with the Jeep? Does she want a Jeep for a Jeep or she wanting a CUV? Kids?
If she's planing on off road driving, she needs to look at a Wrangler, but as a CUV and kids it's a good but not great fit. Remember, it is still a Jeep and tires and other maintenance issues will have to be dealt with as it is required and of course they cost more. It's a 4x4 so there are 2 live axles and a transfer case to maintain, as well as axle and drive shaft u-joints. The new Pacifica is launching soon, so dealers are going to want to unload Caravans and Town & Country's. For kids, these are terrific!
Still the Patriot isn't bad as a Jeep goes, plus she'll get WAVE membership for free for 2 years after she buys and she can renew. For what it is, it's a pretty good deal.
I'm in a Chrysler dealer. The biggest thing I ever see go wrong is stupid things. The most common lately is the USB ports in the media center. I think its due to dirty cords that are left in center consoles with drinks and other crap, but hey, I'm just a dumb ol' parts guy, what do I know!
if that`s the new one(jeep), it`s butt ugly is all I can say. lol

my wife loves her Jeep Patriot. It does everything she needs it to. It is a little small for me, but it does drive nice. The lower control arm bushings have a rep for going bad at about 60k but you can get a whole lca assembly for like 90.00

-
Back