2019 Ram oil concerns

-
I love how they recommend Shell Helix which is not sold in the United states.
Both are available in Canada. Many believe they are the same product in different containers. I had first hand knowledge of of one Pennzoil product also sold as Shell, and another sold as Quaker State, so it's plausible. That was four years ago, so I don't know the current situation. But as they are both part of the Shell family, I believe Platinum and Helix are very closely related if not identical.

I agree, just think it's funny that they list Shell first in US manuals but you can't get it.

Wonder how much frustration that's caused.

Seriously a $22 oil change? Here an oil change alone with conventional at a dealership is approx $70-80.
**I just checked my invoice on my 2017 Ram. $125 taxes in for a synthetic oil change**
Did one a while back, full synthetic.$90 bill

I just changed my oil in my 4.7 with Mobil 1 and it cost ME $60 to do it myself ,,,
For $22 what did they use Wesson oil ?

Reminds me of my 2002 Ram 4.7. After warranty I took over changing my oil and I noticed a oil sludge problem with that engine, and so did a lot of other people complaining about it.
Synthetic oil took care of that. It's made to take the heat. Great for lawn mowers !
You can make it dirty, but you can't wear it out. We made it, where I worked. I don't buy Walmart brand, if you know what I mean.
For my truck, filter only change, add a qt., and dump it once a year.
For now, stay in warranty and good standing.
To me, regular oil is minimal protection.

Last edited:
-
Back