• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
I just don't have that kind of money. It was a big stretch for me to get the speed Masters.. I wouldn't be surprised if I wouldn't be able to afford to even get them on until next summer sometime... If I was to step a little further I would have paid 1,271 for the CNC'd Speedmasters...
If you have the time sometime, click on the link I posted. The quality of the ProMaxx in my opinion is superior to the eddies or procomps. And they flow better. If I buy the heads/cam kit, I would have about 2500 total into my motor. Of course, I'd have to back it up with a converter and at least 3.23's...…

holy crap what am I talking about you don't care about what I say I go Ultra slow with a ultra-expensive combination what am I thinking....

of course my pic would be the solid cam not only because it's solid but it has a longer duration which also would require adjustable rockers and push rods to accompany...
I have the adjustable rocker arms/push rods from a 273. I kept them before I gave the engine away.

If you have the time sometime, click on the link I posted. The quality of the ProMaxx in my opinion is superior to the eddies or procomps. And they flow better. If I buy the heads/cam kit, I would have about 2500 total into my motor. Of course, I'd have to back it up with a converter and at least 3.23's...…
yes I clicked on the link and read everything that had to say it sounded like a Hughes engines had given them some hype advice. You do know the speed Masters are assembled and machine here in the us as well but at least they admit their castings come from China unlike Promax alluding the way from that... Fact...

yes I clicked on the link and read everything that had to say it sounded like a Hughes engines had given them some hype advice. You do know the speed Masters are assembled and machine here in the us as well but at least they admit their castings come from China unlike Promax alluding the way from that... Fact...

Also remember the word China doesn't scare me...
Not knock'n the eddies or procomps. They are good. I just think the promaxx are better. Better quality and flow better, and I'm not talk'n the shockers.

Not knock'n the eddies or procomps. They are good. I just think the promaxx are better. Better quality and flow better, and I'm not talk'n the shockers.
Yeah it comes down to making that decision have you seen them in person? I swear I don't see any difference in the pictures on the pro Max blank you said from my sm's...

Yeah it comes down to making that decision have you seen them in person? I swear I don't see any difference in the pictures on the pro Max blank you said from my sm's...
On a street engine, I really focus on what flow is between .400-500 lift.

Same reason I won't sell my old heads if I put the Speedmasters on... I didn't even sell those rockers for half of what I had into them and they were perfect...

Now you're going to make me crazy with your street engine...
I'd bet I'd only be around 8.8 to 1, and it would idle fine, and with 3.23's she'd cruise down the road like a song. Probably shift around 5800 rpms...

I'd bet I'd only be around 8.8 to 1, and it would idle fine, and with 3.23's she'd cruise down the road like a song. Probably shift around 5800 rpms...
You are talking your street Engine with LOL promaxx heads, solidcam, new converter, new gears, Doug's headers, Mickey Thompson slicks...lol...:bs_flag::bs_flag::bs_flag::bs_flag::bs_flag::bs_flag:

Your post makes no sense ^^^^^ I could drive it from my house to yours using any gas stations pump gas. I think that would make it a street engine???

Why do I get the feeling that you're going to run the thinnest head gasket known to man...

Why do I get the feeling that you're going to run the thinnest head gasket known to man...
Absolutely not! Fel Pro 8553. In fact, I have a new set look'n at me right now. Want a picture?? LOL

I know seeing is believing for you... LOL

DSCN2644.JPG

-
Back