205/60/15 on '74 Duster ???? Can I ????

-

rod locker

Reaction score
Will I have enough clearance for the front to run 205/60/15 with 15 X 6 wheels on a 74 Duster? This is the closest I came find that is available. I have 195/70/14 now but want a 15 inch wheel. Thank you once again

What is the back spacing on the rims?
mine are only 14" rims, but are 7" wide and JUST barely make it.
I have wheel vintiques wheels. I am also running 215 tires.

They come with 3.75" backspacing. Just tried 15 inch police wheels on the front but could not use because the caliper holds the wheel off the hub.

Hi,

i had 7x15" rims on my 75´duster with 215/60-15 tires - no issues at all. Don´t know the backspacing, was a cheap american racing chrome steelie.

With minimal cutting and welding I have 235 60 15's on the front of my 73 duster,may not be what you wanted to hear but if you want the bigger tires for handling just ask some more.I have 275 60 15's on the rear with weld wheels 15" x 7" wheels front and rear
Will I have enough clearance for the front to run 205/60/15 with 15 X 6 wheels on a 74 Duster? This is the closest I came find that is available. I have 195/70/14 now but want a 15 inch wheel. Thank you once again

fendercut.JPG

i have 15x7 205 in the front and 15x8 275 in the rear but i have 4in backspace in front and 4.5 in the back

caliper is hitting the police wheel? what brake setup you running?

Not sure. They look original......Came on the car when I bought it. Car came with OE steels on the front and police wheels on the back. Not sure about backspacing on them but I took the rear wheels/tires off back just to see if they would fit the front. Could not get the police wheels on at all. Lugs would barely come through the holes in wheels. I live just above Chattanooga and Coker would not let me put a wheel on just to see if it would fit. They have no return policy....so I am glad I didn't spend the money for something I could not use.

that doesnt make any sense, i have police wheels all around on my dart with 73+ front discs. basically those wheels and those brakes were together from the factory. i have seen plenty of a bodies with police wheels.

-
Back