225 /6 AT 904 What Bolts?

-

JamesM007

1964 Signet 200 Vert
Reaction score
Help needed please........Sorry if this has been asked before, a search did not turn up what I was looking for.

So the bolts that attach the engine to trans are not with the car and I have no idea what I need nor what goes where.

I am ready to put engine and trans back in the 64 Valiant and will need to purchase a set of correct bolts/nuts if I am to accomplish this task over the weekend.

It looks like there is a variety of bolt sizes and lengths. I also will need the bolts for the flexplate/bell housing dust cover.

Anyone know of a kit or where I can find the correct dimensions of the bolts needed? The engine and trans are from 1964 as they are both date stamped.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks so much in advance.

Attachments

• IMG-20130522-00282.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG-20130522-00283.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG-20130522-00285.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG-20130522-00284.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_7866.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 108
first off you cant install the verter on the motor, has to be on the trans and fully seated (three clicks or drops)

they are 3/8" dia and if i rememeber 2 or 2.25" long. the two lower bolts are 7/16 or half about 2.5" long

first off you cant install the verter on the motor, has to be on the trans and fully seated (three clicks or drops)

they are 3/8" dia and if i rememeber 2 or 2.25" long. the two lower bolts are 7/16 or half about 2.5" long

Thanks on the installation and bolt info.

I have some knowledgeable help coming over to do the install and my next task is to go through the service manual and review the steps to mating the transmission and engine.

Thank you.
You saved me from saying it.:D

As you said about the bolts, and they can be gotten at a hardware store on the weekend.
Just so he knows that part.

Thank you.
You saved me from saying it.:D

As you said about the bolts, and they can be gotten at a hardware store on the weekend.
Just so he knows that part.

lastly put a half a qt of fluid ATF +3 or +4 in the verter before installing it! slowly tilt it up so it flows into the body

-
Back