225 coolant drain?

-

onebadfocher

69 dart
Reaction score
Is there a coolant drain plug on the block? I'm going to pull the engine and trans, but I cant store it inside, and Im worried about cracking the freeze out plugs

Not unless someone has added one. Your best bet is to disconnect the bottom radiator hose. That still won't get it all.

I had to store one out side 440, I attached the upper and lower hoses together after I filled it with antifreeze mix -30 and hooked a drill to the water pump belt and let it spin until I seen it was circulated though out the water jackets, then drained the antifreeze.
I hope it worked, it is still covered up outside 8)

I thought about dumping RV antifreeze in there after I drain all the old stuff. Think thats good enough?

Yes, there is. It's aft of the oil pump.

No kiddin? Well in that case MINE are the ones that have been modified because I have three of them and none has one. Sorry bout that. Thanks for clearin that up Dan.

It's often hard to find -- a tiny square-headed plug crudded up by piles of hardened grease.

I would not put any water-based substance in there for outside storage. I'd drain it and leave it empty.

Mine was covered in grime. Its impossible to get all the water out of a jet ski when you winterize it, so I run the orange Rv antifreeze through it and leave it in for the winter. Been doing it for years, and never had ice break anything, so I would imagine it would work for engines too. The RV stuff isnt toxic for plants or animals like the green coolant.

It's often hard to find -- a tiny square-headed plug crudded up by piles of hardened grease.

I would not put any water-based substance in there for outside storage. I'd drain it and leave it empty.

You're right again, Dan. I found all three of mine......under a bunch of gunk. Thanks for steerin me straight again. :cheers:

-
Back