[WANTED] 225 headers

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of car do you have? PS or manual steering? Both of these questions will definitely figure into what kind/style headers that will fit. For example, I have a set of Clifford shorties (6 info 2) that will fit early A's w/o PS BUT could be made to work with PS if one or more front pipes were relocated. They might fit 67-up with PS (don't know that for sure!). I also have a set of 6 into 2 long tubes that won't fit an early A without a lot of work but would work with a 67-76. Let us know what you have.

Try Aussie Speed. Incredible fit. Not cheap, but what works well usually isn't. :D

Attachments

• 100_5188.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 100_5189.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 112
63 dart with PS. Automatic trans.

The only headers that fit an early A with PS without any mods are the long discontinued Clifford long tubes. The front 3 tubes actually route before the PS box through and under the K Frame. I have a NOS set of them that somebody tried to fit them in other applications and finally gave up on them and stuck them on eBay since he had no idea of what they fit (I knew so immediately bought them). I believe Aussiespeed has basically re-invented them with some minor improvements but rest assured, they are not cheap - something like $5 or $600 plus shipping from OZ.

Your other alternative is to find a set of Clifford shorties and modify the front tubes to clear the PS box OR replace the PS with manual steering and then they drop right in.

Wow! Just a little more than what I thought! However, as you said they DO fit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back