225 piston rings thru bottom

-

Phily

3XL, loud pipes, loud music, loud weed
Reaction score
Can someone verify if you can change piston rings thru the bottom of the block. I've had couple say it can be done but is there anyone with experience.

Not sure the piston will fit up through the crankcase with the crank in the way. Plus.....how you gonna compress the rings?

Not sure. I haven't pulled one of these apart yet. I should have just done the whole motor at once instead of just the carb and head

sometimes you seal up the intake, and make the valves/seats, and valve stem/guides seal, and then you find how bad the rings are sealing, and you start burning oil like a ba$tard.

Can someone verify if you can change piston rings thru the bottom of the block. I've had couple say it can be done but is there anyone with experience.
Why? You sure as hell ain't doin' it in a car w/o f**kin' it up, even if it was possible, and if it's on the stand You're avoiding what, the cost of a head gasket?
I'm sure somebody somewhere may have done it on a stand w/the crank out, but them pistons be looooong My friend, the bottom of the bores aren't squared or chamfered.
Really sounds like You're trying to avoid the inevitable,.........................

I really am.Lol. I have a cherry picker and can pull the engine and plan to do so when I do. If I have to pull the head then obviously I will. I don't have an engine stand yet.

-
Back