225 slant 6 electronic ignition

-
@halifaxhops
Can send you a good (great) dizzy and wiring to hook you up, he builds them to spec for everyone, I have had him build and set/tune two for me.

A member here

i didn't know pertronix made a kit either.

anyway, for me the ability to walk into just about any parts store and get replacement parts is a key deciding factor.

I can put together whatever you want really Mopar oem, HEI, Petronixs with the right curve for the engine.

the pentronix kit uses a piece of semiconductor which allows the coil to switch on when no magnet is near it and the coil to switch off when a magnet is near it
the plastic collar you push over the armature in the dizzy is just a holder for 6 or 8 very small magnets

if it falls apart you have a bit of a mountain to climb to get all the little magnets back in and back in the right way round.

i.e its a Hall effect switch which replaces your Points type switch...
no real benefit other than not having to set points.

if you leave the igntion switched on and the car stalled your bit of semi conductor doesn't like it, and can burn out.

I will never buy another :)

The mancini kit is based on the orginal mopar set up

you get a magnetic trigger in the Dizzy. these don't burn out if you leave the igntion swicthed on

and an ornage box which may or may not be good value for money...

i suspect it would be fine

Low resistance 8 volt coil run at 10-12 volts when starting and 8-9 volts when running due to the use of a ballast resistor.

worked on millions of mopars for millions of miles

Last edited:
-
Back