-
Status
Not open for further replies.

fastcorgigarage

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
225 slant 6 engine needed for my 64 dodge dart 270. The engine doesn't have to be running or complete, just fully rebuildable. I am located in Independence Kansas (SEK)

225 slant 6 engine needed for my 64 dodge dart 270. The engine doesn't have to be running or complete, just fully rebuildable. I am located in Independence Kansas (SEK)
i have a running 6 i will sell it's out of a 65 barracuda,will take 400.00

ive got a complete was running 225 from my 76 dart 125 im in nebraska engine has a rebuilt carb and fresh tune up been sitting on my engine stand for the last 3+ years

ive got a complete was running 225 from my 76 dart 125 im in nebraska engine has a rebuilt carb and fresh tune up been sitting on my engine stand for the last 3+ years

That is a little far for me to drive. I'm located 20 minutes from the oklahoma border

I would also accept a bare block. I have everything else on my slant 6 engine that is messed up.

I know where a true 27K mile untouched 225 at a salvage yard in Stillwater Oklahoma. It will come with a 108 day gaurentee. It is in a wrecked Dart 4 door. If that interests you shoot me a pm and I will give you the details.

Have an excellent running /6 for sale ...I'm on Nebraska Kansas border but travel to the independence coffeville area often its still in car low miles will be pulling soon...it says super6 on air cleaner....not sure what that means I'm not real familiar with the slant 6s

Have an excellent running /6 for sale ...I'm on Nebraska Kansas border but travel to the independence coffeville area often its still in car low miles will be pulling soon...it says super6 on air cleaner....not sure what that means I'm not real familiar with the slant 6s

I sent you a pm

I'm still in search for a 225 slant 6. Let me know what you have and tell me how much you want for it in a pm.

I'm still in search for a 225 slant 6. Let me know what you have and tell me how much you want for it in a pm.

It's been a long time since I've done any engine changing on these cars but I seem to remember some thing being different about the crank on the early engines. I'm thinking the crank register where the torque converter goes is smaller on early engines that it is on later engines.
I'm not sure when they made this change but you might need to check it out before you buy an engine you might not be able to use.
That being said I have several rebuildable engines to choose from but the oldest one I have is a '68 so I'm not sure I have one that will work. Price range from free to $100.
I'm located in south central MO at 65557.
Dallas

It's been a long time since I've done any engine changing on these cars but I seem to remember some thing being different about the crank on the early engines. I'm thinking the crank register where the torque converter goes is smaller on early engines that it is on later engines.
I'm not sure when they made this change but you might need to check it out before you buy an engine you might not be able to use.
That being said I have several rebuildable engines to choose from but the oldest one I have is a '68 so I'm not sure I have one that will work. Price range from free to $100.
I'm located in south central MO at 65557.
Dallas

I have everything to go in and on a 225 slant 6 paired with a push button torque flight trans. As of right now I'm needing a motor for my 1964 dodge dart 270, and I need one to build up for a rat rod project that I'll be starting this upcoming summer.

Ok, I was remembering that I had problems when I tried to mix the years up a bit. I don't remember what year the engine was, but it was from the '60s, and I put it in a '73 or so Dart. I first realized something was wrong when I couldn't bolt the flex plate to the converter. When I discovered the '73 converter had a bigger 'nub' and wouldn't seat into the early crank I decided to use the converter that came with the motor. That was a no-go there also as the early converter wouldn't go into my '73 trans. So I had to use the complete early motor and trans assembly in the car.
I didn't know if you were aware of the differences so I mentioned it so you wouldn't gt into a mess like I did. Being a bodyman who plays mechanic only occasionally gets me into trouble sometimes. ](*,)
Dallas

Ok, I was remembering that I had problems when I tried to mix the years up a bit. I don't remember what year the engine was, but it was from the '60s, and I put it in a '73 or so Dart. I first realized something was wrong when I couldn't bolt the flex plate to the converter. When I discovered the '73 converter had a bigger 'nub' and wouldn't seat into the early crank I decided to use the converter that came with the motor. That was a no-go there also as the early converter wouldn't go into my '73 trans. So I had to use the complete early motor and trans assembly in the car.
I didn't know if you were aware of the differences so I mentioned it so you wouldn't gt into a mess like I did. Being a bodyman who plays mechanic only occasionally gets me into trouble sometimes. ](*,)
Dallas

Thank you for the advice and the tips of what to look out for.

I only need one 225 /6 now for my rat rod project. Thanks to all of you I'm half way to my goal.

I only need one 225 /6 now for my rat rod project. Thanks to all of you I'm half way to my goal.

I have one I'll give you if it isn't too far for you. It came out of a '73 Dart. I never heard it run before I pulled it out and used the trans. I also have several others still in the cars that I'll sell cheap.
Dallas

I have one I'll give you if it isn't too far for you. It came out of a '73 Dart. I never heard it run before I pulled it out and used the trans. I also have several others still in the cars that I'll sell cheap.
Dallas

I sent you a pm. I also checked out your for sale site and you have a lot of nice cars. I wish I had the extra cash to get the plymouth deluxe for my wife to restore, she loves those cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back