-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey356

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 1965 dodge dart w/ slant6. I've stumbled onto info that there was a hyper-pak package for '60's 225 ci. I'm interested in buying the complete package. If not, I have approximate specifications for parts needed. Long runner intake manifold, Holley 4bbl 4160 series w/390cfm or Carter AFB 3083f 4bbl, mechanical cam (Clifford) w/ 276 degrees duration & .464 lift and .010 intake & .020 exhaust , 1.70" intake valves and 1.44" exhaust valves both are stainless, valve springs damper installed ht. 1.67/1.70, wire dia .206 w/ lift range .430/.500", Clifford split headers w/ dual 2 1/4" pipes. I can't seem to find parts. jeffrey356.

I have a 1965 dodge dart w/ slant6. I've stumbled onto info that there was a hyper-pak package for '60's 225 ci. I'm interested in buying the complete package. If not, I have approximate specifications for parts needed. Long runner intake manifold, Holley 4bbl 4160 series w/390cfm or Carter AFB 3083f 4bbl, mechanical cam (Clifford) w/ 276 degrees duration & .464 lift and .010 intake & .020 exhaust , 1.70" intake valves and 1.44" exhaust valves both are stainless, valve springs damper installed ht. 1.67/1.70, wire dia .206 w/ lift range .430/.500", Clifford split headers w/ dual 2 1/4" pipes. I can't seem to find parts. jeffrey356.

if you want the complete hyper pac setup there are also specific exhaust manifolds,, and not the Clifford split headers,,
there were a set of the slant six hyperpack headers for sale at the Indy Cylinder Head swap meet last weekend in Indy, the vendor wanted 600.00 for them, he was firm on the price,, I did get his contact phone number, PM me and I will forward that if you are interested in them, if you are willing to wait a bit there is a slantsix.org guy that has a set of the hyperpac exhaust headers and he may re-poped at sometime in the future, see this thread.
Slant Six Forum, :: View topic - Hyper Pak Exhaust Reproduction

The original Hyperpak package used the long runner aluminum intake with an AFB carb, cast iron split headers, and a Racer Brown cam package among other upgrades. The original cast iron exhaust headers and Hyperpak intake are virtually impossible to find. Doug Dutra had some reproduction Hyperpak intakes cast before selling the molds to Clifford. For the exhaust people use the Clifford shorties. Racer Brown might still have the cam specs. Here is 1 style of Clifford shorties:
IMG_6717.JPG

Here is a Dutra Hyperpak with a set of Clifford long tubes for an early A with power steering. I was mocking it up to see if a Sanden AC compressor would fit - surprisingly it does!

IMG_6707.JPG

A better look at the Dutra Hyperpak

IMG_6210.JPG

Most people tend to use the Offy or Clifford 4 barrel intake.

IMG_6209.JPG

if you want the complete hyper pac setup there are also specific exhaust manifolds,, and not the Clifford split headers,,
there were a set of the slant six hyperpack headers for sale at the Indy Cylinder Head swap meet last weekend in Indy, the vendor wanted 600.00 for them, he was firm on the price,, I did get his contact phone number, PM me and I will forward that if you are interested in them, if you are willing to wait a bit there is a slantsix.org guy that has a set of the hyperpac exhaust headers and he may re-poped at sometime in the future, see this thread.
Slant Six Forum, :: View topic - Hyper Pak Exhaust Reproduction
Thanks for the info. I'll try to PM you. jeffrey356

The original Hyperpak package used the long runner aluminum intake with an AFB carb, cast iron split headers, and a Racer Brown cam package among other upgrades. The original cast iron exhaust headers and Hyperpak intake are virtually impossible to find. Doug Dutra had some reproduction Hyperpak intakes cast before selling the molds to Clifford. For the exhaust people use the Clifford shorties. Racer Brown might still have the cam specs. Here is 1 style of Clifford shorties:View attachment 1715025139

Here is a Dutra Hyperpak with a set of Clifford long tubes for an early A with power steering. I was mocking it up to see if a Sanden AC compressor would fit - surprisingly it does!

View attachment 1715025142

A better look at the Dutra Hyperpak

View attachment 1715025143
Most people tend to use the Offy or Clifford 4 barrel intake.

View attachment 1715025144
Thanks for the info. jeffrey356

The parts are very hard to find. That being said this year there has been a intake and at least 2 sets of exhaust manifolds sold. I have not seen a carb, aircleaner, and any other parts for sale, some never. I have been collecting parts and pieces since I was a kid. I have 2 exhaust gaskets, a set of valve springs and a carb return spring. I have never seen a carb or air cleaner. So if you are looking for a complete Hyper Pak kit, you are in for a very long trip. That being said, if you can wait, and accept some substit
IMG_4713.JPG
utions, you can put together a close copy. These parts are rarer than most any Hemi or Max Wedge hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back