-
Status
Not open for further replies.

fbs63

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a 400 block,230 casting with heavy mains. Located in NW Indiana but will travel or ship the right block. PM here.

Got a Mopar buddy who has a 71 400 block. He had it magged and cooked and if I remember correctly, he was telling me it was still a standard bore. We are both in VA; if interested, drop me a PM and I'll put you in contact with him.

I have a NEW factory short engine assy. i don't know the casting numbers offhand. i'm in Ca.

There is one on sale on racingjunk right now, out of Wisconsin, I bought one from the same guy and he shipped for a reasonable rate ($175) to Texas for me. I also paid to have it sonic checked and had the numbers before I sent payment.

If you are not stuck on the low deck, I have a raised deck NOS Nascar block that has the hemi four bolt mains, but is a wedge this is new block that has never been used. Only reason I went with the short deck 230 block is that I need all of the hood clearance I could get with my combo. This block is super thick bore is at 4.25 now but will go 4.42 and still have plenty of meat in the walls.

Last edited:
There is one on sale on racingjunk right now, out of Wisconsin, I bought one from the same guy and he shipped for a reasonable rate ($175) to Texas for me. I also paid to have it sonic checked and had the numbers before I sent payment.

If you are not stuck on the low deck, I have a raised deck NOS Nascar block that has the hemi four bolt mains, but is a wedge this is new block that has never been used. Only reason I went with the short deck 230 block is that I need all of the hood clearance I could get with my combo. This block is super thick bore is at 4.25 now but will go 4.42 and still have plenty of meat in the walls.
You have sonic numbers on it?

If you are not in a huge hurry, I will be coming through your area for Hot Rod's Drag Week in September and I could drop it off then in stead of shipping.

If you are not in a huge hurry, I will be coming through your area for Hot Rod's Drag Week in September and I could drop it off then in stead of shipping.
Let's see what the sonic #s look like. What are you asking for it?

Here are the sonic numbers on the nascar block

image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back