230 casting 400 engine

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to answer the casting date question. If it's cast before 10/10/1971, then it could be a cold weather block.

Without knowing that, it's probably worth the bid right now + $100.

Josh, what was the asking price when on CL?

I had one of those cold weather blocks that had horrible core shift, needed 5 sleeves. Not such a great deal when finished.

He needs to answer the casting date question. If it's cast before 10/10/1971, then it could be a cold weather block.

I had one of those cold weather blocks that had horrible core shift, needed 5 sleeves. Not such a great deal when finished.
Core shift happens. Newer technology,better block. I already confirmed it as a 230 casting with larger than normal casting numbers.This is the best block mopar ever produced and for $150 I would sure as hell take the chance.

If the engine was closer I would be on it like white on rice.Any block you buy is taking a chance but for $150 why not take a chance on the strongest block mopar ever made. It comes with a 413 and the 400s complete,with headers. Screaming buy.

If the engine was closer I would be on it like white on rice.Any block you buy is taking a chance but for $150 why not take a chance on the strongest block mopar ever made. It comes with a 413 and the 400s complete,with headers. Screaming buy.

Did I miss the part where it come with a 413?

No 413.Wrong ad. White on rice baby. Cracked,I had 2 and both passed sonic test.Both went .060 over. 5 sleeves? I would have filled it with hardblok.

When finished? Why wouldnt you just get a new block before having to have 5 sleeves installed? The block wasnt sonic checked first? If ya had problems after you built the engine why would you even consider using the same block? Makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back