-24 in Alberta

-

cpearce

Reaction score
I know we should be using the off season to get stuff done in our garages, lately the weather has stripped my motivation though. Today a balmy -24 Celsius, or -10 Farenheit for our American neighbors. Also still dealing with huge amounts of snow. Arggg! This has been a long winter! Hope everyone out there is doing well during this global crisis, take care friends.

-27c here for the overnight low. Not much snow left other than where it blew in between my vehicals and semi trailer at storage. Kim

-13 here right now. Just a few more days..............then it will be in the pluses for a while.

Yup, we know darn well that spring/summer doesn’t get here till the beginning of May. And that’s if we’re lucky. Kim

I hope we are at the bottom on the temps for this spring and only go up from here. But I hear ya, I got 5 cars here to get ready for cruising and low on motivation. Good news is that days are getting longer and sun is getting warmer. Hard to believe the first local outdoor show here was scheduled for two weeks from now but cancelled by Covid. Or maybe snow anyway!

Dam it's a beautiful -4 here and was a low of -13, but nice and warm in the garage. Hopefully by weeks end it will be wayyyy warmer, like 0.
Nice Vert in you avatar reddog.

I used to live in Edmonton. I don’t miss the winters! I also don’t miss the pot hole and frost heave roads either.

wow, 9 month winters?
we got 2 seasons here, wet and dry, skipped winter this year
85F in Carlsbad NM today, got to get the cooler going pretty soon
I am dreading the sweltering heat that is to come tho. It's relentless for about 2 months.

Dam it's a beautiful -4 here and was a low of -13, but nice and warm in the garage. Hopefully by weeks end it will be wayyyy warmer, like 0.
Nice Vert in you avatar reddog.

Hey, thanks.

I did manage to get the cover on it this last few weeks. Instructions say to get it into the sun to stretch a bit - still waiting for that bit.

IMG_20200223_1544455.jpg

wow, 9 month winters?
we got 2 seasons here, wet and dry, skipped winter this year
85F in Carlsbad NM today, got to get the cooler going pretty soon
I am dreading the sweltering heat that is to come tho. It's relentless for about 2 months.

well, not quite 9 months. We get about 5 months of driving time, sometimes more. But the first and last month can be iffy with snow at any time

well, not quite 9 months. We get about 5 months of driving time, sometimes more. But the first and last month can be iffy with snow at any time
When it snows here in Albuquerque, I open the garage door, pull up a chair, light a cigar and watch it. Kind of magical watching it land on cactus.
There's bitter cold and snow to the north tho, not very far. Or oppressive heat just to the south.
You can 4x4 year round.

Years ago, you'd hear about lots of snowshoeing and snowmobiling, but that has dwindled a bit. Some years are good, but not all. A lot of the high desert used to be grassland, but grazing changed the flora and the climate along with it.

-
Back