26x11.5x15 Hoosier QTP ? Please help

-

jcmmurray

Reaction score
I really want this tire but the size is confusing me. Apparently the section width is 11" and the tread is 10". Where is the other 1/2 inch coming from ? If this is the case it might fit on my 75 dart with offset shackle kit SS springs and trimmed outer lips ?? Going to be running 15x8 weld drag lites with 4.5 BS . Anyone have any experience with this tire and its actual dimensions? Will it fit with my set up ?

Nice. How much room do you have between your wheel lip and springs? Equal, 1" or so ?

Over 1 inch to my spring. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Measure your closest point on iner fender well be it the spring or the iner fender itself to where the rim sits flat on drum or rotor. That tells you room in rear. I had 6 inches to spring so I did 4 1/2 backspace and I had 5 to fender lip .

Thanks 440. That helps me out. I would have measured but I tore the rear out and got my shackles put it and cut the perches off but that was as far as I got till I got called into work, 4 weeks later I want to get home to a set of new rims and tires for the track. So I'm kinda going blind. I just ordered a set of hoosier drag slicks. 26x10x15. I shouldn't have a problem with those and when they wear out ill fill the well, maybe even relocate and mini tub by then. Thanks a lot.

Thought I'd give an update. 10.5x26x15 hoosier slicks fit real nice with just a bit of trimming and an off set shackle kit . Now I know exactly what room I have. I could have gone with the QTP but I didn't want to risk it. They would be tight unless you could find a 4.75 BS rim That would be perfect . I am having trouble up loading pics here with this horribly bad service where I work

Attachments

• image.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 410
Thought I'd give an update. 10.5x26x15 hoosier slicks fit real nice with just a bit of trimming and an off set shackle kit .

Those tire look real nice on your car but those rear fender look like they have been cut more than a just a trim.

You are right. I took a fair amount out. It's no show car by all means, There is too much bondo and rough spots around to be drove slow and parked clean. It's a driver and a tire smoker. I had to cut not only the lip but take out a lot of the inner Steel. Only way to get those tires in . I'm happy with it

I have a 69 dart with the offset shackles and the lips rolled tight to the quarter. I run 10.50x26 sportsman pros. There is no way to fit more on my car. My car sits a little lower than some of the darts i've seen that have more of a SS stance.

The only way to get more tire under their would have been more back spacing. I run MT street radials 275/60/15 but I have 15x8 wheels with 5 inches of backspacing. I think your back wheel well looks cool the way you trimmed it though. Mines no show car either!

Attachments

• 2013-02-20_17-04-15_832.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 402
I had a set of good year tires the same size offered to me for cheap as street tire and your right. seemed a bit to high for my set up and my gearing is set up for 26" on the track. I gotta tell you. Those Hoosier 10.5 sure hook nice. I went from leaving way to much rubber on the road to not enough , can't wait to get to the track and see what it's gonna do . Hopefully I'm not red lining before the 1/4 with my 3:91 set up. Should be just right at 5500 Rpm

I have a 69 dart with the offset shackles and the lips rolled tight to the quarter. I run 10.50x26 sportsman pros. There is no way to fit more on my car. My car sits a little lower than some of the darts i've seen that have more of a SS stance.

Mine seems to sit a bit lower than I thought it would with new 002/003 as well. I actually ordered a bunch of lowering blocks thinking i would be right high as some folks on here have had to do that with their cars. In my opinion it sits nice and squats even better. I set my pinion fairly aggressive and it feels good when your foot is in it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 380
-
Back