Not open for further replies.

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
174   0   0
Contact seller
A while back I listed a 1966 273 for sale that I wasn't sure was a Commando or not. I tried using a bore scope down the plug holes but I really couldn't tell for sure if in fact it had the Commando pistons or not. Well now I know for sure. I pulled a head and confirmed it to have the Commando pistons. I bought this engine and 904 trans from another member here and he removed it from his 66 Barracuda. He wasn't sure if it was a Commando or not. It does have the solid lift cam with adjustable rockers. Also has the Commando valve covers and 4 bl intake. I am listing it as a complete engine but if it doesn't sell I will be parting it. One strange thing about it is it has one 2658920 head and one 2465315. Not knowing the history on it , I have no idea how this came about. The intake uses 3/8" bolts with 9/16 wrench head. I was able to hear it running about a year ago. It was taken out to put a 360 in. $850.00 prefer local pick up but I can ship it through YRC Freight.

273 commando engine.jpg

273 commando engine-2.jpg

273 commando engine-3.jpg

273 commando engine-4.jpg

If you end up parting this, I may be interested in the valve covers. I just bought a 65 that has some janky finned aluminum ones on it.

I wish i had about a dozen sets. Everyone is interested in them. Trying not to part out this engine. But who knows.
Roy - I could get motor to Bristol and drop at freight or shipping company if it helps with sale , Im heading up within a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back