273 commando

-

poppys67toy

slow learner
Reaction score
hi I own a 1967 barracuda fastback 273 commando 904. I was wondering how often do you need to adjust the valves ? and is this a durable low maintenance motor and what is the max horse power I can expect from it? should I swap it for a 408 . thanks larry

The 273 I had in my 65 signet held valve adjustment almost indefinitely. Not sure what's reccomended service milage. I don't think hopping up a 273 is worth the cost and effort. I would try to find a good running 360 if it is mainly a driver. A 408 is not cheap and if you are not racing the car the 360 will be way faster than the 273.

The 273 I had in my 65 signet held valve adjustment almost indefinitely. Not sure what's reccomended service milage. I don't think hopping up a 273 is worth the cost and effort. I would try to find a good running 360 if it is mainly a driver. A 408 is not cheap and if you are not racing the car the 360 will be way faster than the 273.
not planning to drag the car but would like some power to perform when needed. appreciate the info.larry

-
Back