273 Harmonic Balancer Type???

-

SD65WAGON

Justin
Reaction score
I need a new Harmonic balancer on the 65' 273 Wagon and dont know what kind it is??? I called Summit and they asked internal balance or external balance??? I did'nt know so I thought I would ask the resident experts here on FABO. I would appreciate some guidance. Thanks.

I need a new Harmonic balancer on the 65' 273 Wagon and dont know what kind it is??? I called Summit and they asked internal balance or external balance??? I did'nt know so I thought I would ask the resident experts here on FABO. I would appreciate some guidance. Thanks.

273 318 340 use the same balancer,
heck someone prob has one for sale here.

Plain Jane 273-318-340. The only thing different is that some early models have the timing marks reversed on the timing cover (right hand side vs. left hand side) for water pump. You can find TDC and make new marks if this is your case. Any new or good used harmonic balancer will work on your engine. Unless you are racing or high RPM usage...no need for the Fluid or other high dollar piece.

Summit doesn't have the knowlegable sales staff they used to have. They went with phone answerers. I'd go with the least expensive on a stock motor. Mike

The 360 is externally balanced from the factory....do not use the 360 balancer.

I have one you can have...you pay shipping. '66 273.

Just got home and ended up ordering one from summit earlier before being dragged out for the day by the wife.....Thanks for all the info and especially the offer of the balancer. Thanks

Make sure that the one you are getting is for the 69 and earlier engines! BHJ Products sells one for the early 69 and before motors. The part no. is MP-IB-816-CAN.. Their website is www.bhjproducts.com. This is the place that sells the torque plates for boring and honing engines.

-
Back