273 pilot hole size for T.C.

-

dodge freak

Reaction score
Say anybody know for sure if the later 904 / 727 torque converters snubs fit a 273 crankshaft. I might be getting a forged 273 crank for my 73 340 but want to be sure it bolt up to my trans before I try to install it, ha ha

Hmmm, that what the seller just thought about but wasn't sure. Boy this almost became a big mess, not sure my engine guy would have caught it either cause he isn't old, lol.

Maybe I should have gotten a 408 Blueprint Engine but for sure if anybody could have broke it would have been me!

It is not as bad as you think, someone on here told me about it after the fact but they also mentioned that the you can get your torque converter to work with that crank? Not sure of the specifics but I am sure if you search the forums you will find it, was not that long ago.

I also found out the hard way about 15 years ago with a 67 273/904 and a Coan converter. i was told you can machine the crank, but cannot machine the converter. I went back with the stock converter

What year 273? I have a complete '69 273 and it has the large TC register. I believe '68 will also have the large register.

I put a '65 poly 318 steel crank in my '73 340. It had the large register. You have to re-balance the motor though. The poly 318 piston/rod assy are much lighter than the 340 piston/rod assy.

Chuck

-
Back