275/60 on a Demon?

-

Ironmike

Reaction score
Hi guys! I already searched and just can't get the answer I need.

Want to run 275/60R15 MT Street Radials on the back of my 71 Demon. I have 255's on there now(TA Radials), and it really looks like I have room for 1 inch taller and wider BUT just wanted to know if anyone else is running them.

I have 8 inch wheels with 4 1/2 backspacing and my car sits low. The TA's just cant handle 550 ftlbs of torque on the street and they are terrible on the track.

I hate that look of tires hanging out past the fenderwell and I surely ain't jackin' up the back end. Any real info would be greatly appreciated and pics would be great! Thanks!

With the 4.5" backspace they will fit. I am currently running the same set-up.

I have 15x8s with 275/60/15s on my 71 duster and the car sits low with the tires in the wheel wells.I had to flatten out the buldge on the outside wheel because the tires would touch when hitting a large bump.Its a nice mod to do since it really increases the room and theres no need to worry about tire growth at the track.Heres the only pic I have,it sits pretty low.

Attachments

• rod run.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 399
I hate that look of tires hanging out past the fenderwell and I surely ain't jackin' up the back end. Any real info would be greatly appreciated and pics would be great! Thanks!

then you are really going to hate this. 275/60/15 on a 15x10 centerline with a 3 1/2 backspace

Attachments

• d103.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 383
75dart sport, I'm looking to run the same combination on my 74 Duster.
I want to put 15x8 w/4.5'" backspace rallys, with 275/60/15 tires.
I have the tires on now with 15x7 rallys 4.125 backspace, and needed a 1/4" spacer for the tires to clear the springs. I assume that I'll need a offset hanger kit for the 15x8's, but I have stock inner wells.
Are you wells tubbed? If not how much clearance do you have?
I want the car to sit stock height and don't want to tub the wells.

Im running the 15X8 with 4-1/2 backspace. Everything is stock. They do not rub anywhere. They are close to the springs, but do not rub. they are completly under the fenderwells.

Just to let you know. The wheels I'm running are not the wheels in my avitar. I'm running ralley wheels. They were built by vintage wheel I think. 15X8 rear and 15X7 front. 275-60-15 rear and 215-70-15 front. I'll try to get some pictures for you.

-
Back