28x10.5 15 slicks in a early dart

-

jw97neon

Reaction score
is anyone running a set in their early dart? i am building a 65 dart. i am thinking about buying some used slicks for mock up so i can narrow the rear end. just wondering the fitment with mini tubs? pictures if possible thanks

First off , I would recommend USCARTOOL for the parts to move your springs and mini tub your car . They have a package for the 63 thru 75 a body cars and are easy to install .
I would not spend money on a used set of tires .
The first thing to do is get some measurements from your car and write them down . Take a measurement from the inner wheel well lip to the frame rail . using this figure subtract 1 1/2 inches from it . This is 3/4 inches times 2 for tire clearance on the lip and frame rail . You can look on different tire web sites and see what they give you for tire size and side wall width based on rim width . It's just a bunch of math to do to come up with what will fit . Next you will have to worry about wheel back spacing and off set . This is just the tip of the issue . I have tubbed and mini tubbed 30 plus cars in the last 40 plus years . If you want to send me a PM and I will give you my phone number and I can talk you thru some of this . A few pic's of cars I have done .
demon 001.jpg
IMG_1720.JPG
more 001.jpg

How not to do it in a 1965 Valiant (red) with a standard 1970 Challenger 8 3/4 sure grip and later Dana in same car (black).

65 Valiant3.jpeg

456998_107573419387519_1204788620_o.jpg

First off , I would recommend USCARTOOL for the parts to move your springs and mini tub your car . They have a package for the 63 thru 75 a body cars and are easy to install .
I would not spend money on a used set of tires .
The first thing to do is get some measurements from your car and write them down . Take a measurement from the inner wheel well lip to the frame rail . using this figure subtract 1 1/2 inches from it . This is 3/4 inches times 2 for tire clearance on the lip and frame rail . You can look on different tire web sites and see what they give you for tire size and side wall width based on rim width . It's just a bunch of math to do to come up with what will fit . Next you will have to worry about wheel back spacing and off set . This is just the tip of the issue . I have tubbed and mini tubbed 30 plus cars in the last 40 plus years . If you want to send me a PM and I will give you my phone number and I can talk you thru some of this . A few pic's of cars I have done .View attachment 1715062211 View attachment 1715062213 View attachment 1715062214
thank you that is very help full.

-
Back