2bbl conversion linkage setup

-

TwistedMatt

Reaction score
Hey all,
I am trying to piece together a super six setup for my 1972 slant that's in my 67 Dart GT convertible right now, but I can't find out from any site how to do the linkage and brackets. This probably wouldn't be a huge deal if I lived somewhere where the super six option was offered or ever employed, but from what I've heard, the super six was never implemented in California, where I live. I recently saw someone who had a 225 cid 4bbl setup with a GM lockdown bracket, but I'm not sure how he did it because I wasn't able to talk to the guy. I just so happen to own one of the GM brackets for the lockdown, but I'm not sure what carb I should use, if that matters, and where I should get the lockdown and throttle cables from. Also, I am curious as to what the most successful setup seems to be. It seems like tons of guys try the 2bbl conversion, but only some are successful. I just want a 2bbl setup that is easy to tune and gets good fuel economy without sacrificing too much power, if that's possible.
Thanks for any advice,
Matt

I really like the Autolite 2100 on the SuperSix manifold. You can buy a conversion kit on ebay for Jeeps. The Jeep guys really love these conversions as there BBDs are junk. For linkage, I would look a Locar's setup. A lot of people have had success with their cable kits.

So regarding the carb, I know kesteb said that the 2100 is a good one to go with on the super six manifold. Is that an easy carb to set up for a super six? Are you running Lokar linkage with the 2100? Anyone else have carb suggestions? I'm pretty sure I can talk to Lokar about getting a good setup for linkage once I know what carb I'm putting on the car.

I am just starting a 2bbl conversion on the 225 /six in my '65 Dodge A100. I bought a complete?? intake/exhaust with carb (Carter) and kick down linkage from a '76 Dodge Aspen. Any advice would be appreciated. Gary

-
Back