2bbl spacers??

-

Badvert65

Long Time Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Just curious, has anyone used carb spacers on their factory super six setups? I am just trying to see if it is worth the effort/or benefits the engine performance any.

What kind of carb to you plan on using for your setup? If Vapor lock is your worry, try using a Phenolic spacer. This material can be bought and made into your own spacer, or you can try to find pre-made ones. This spacer does not supplement a carburetor gasket, and should be used in conjunction with a base gasket.

Use longer bolts to accommodate the spacer, and adjust kick-down linkage if necessary.

Check out Aggressive Ted's setup and see his neat application of an aluminum heat deflector for some ideas.

An alternative to a carb base spacer, is a top spacer below the air cleaner. I have found significant increase using a 2" spacer, on a Weber progressive on a brand X engine. It has to do with straight entry of air in carb throat.

That's ok. I was just curious about anyone having tried this. The idea is to increase the plenum area under the carb. I may give it a try, but it looks like I will have to manufacture something.
Good times...

-
Back