2bbl to 4bbl on a 318

-

6dart9

Reaction score
I am switching my carb from a 2bbl to a 4bbl and have everything but want to make sure i got the correct intake manifold gasket.

It is getting the 600cfm performer by edelbrock with edelbrock intake

The car is a 69 dart with a 318, the motor is actually an 86 that was pulled with only 35k on it (at least thats what the guy said). I purchased an intake gasket set but it appears to be for the 4bbl option. Should i buy the 2bbl one since that is what was on it? Not sure how different they will be maybe i will just buy both and use the one that looks the most correct. However I am sure some of you guys know which one I should buy. I have to order the 2bbl one and will try to order it asap so i can install everything next weekend.

I believe it has the original 2bbl carter but what did they come with in 1986?

Thanks for your input!

Yes, You need the 2bbl gaskets to match the intake/head port size.

4bbl gaskets would be 340/360 Port size, Unless perhaps if you ordered them for a 273 4bbl

2bbl will be 273/318 ports sizeunless perhapps you order 360 2bbl gaskets.

Clear as mud.

That is what I thought

Here is what I bought Fel Pro Part # ms 90109

It says
318 (w/ 4bbl) 1967-1989
340, 360 1968 -1980
318LA (w/ 4bbl) 1967 -1990
360 Engine (2bbl w/ large port water openings) 1972-1988

I will have to order the 2bbl one so i can get it done this weekend

thanks again!
justin

Are you using a smaller-port 318-style intake (the Performer) or the larger RPM? If you're using the larger one I would think it wouldn't really matter because the ports wouldn't really match up anyway. I'm going with a factory 360 manifold and ThermoQuad so I'll probably use whichever one is cheaper...

i did the same thing to my 318 motor in my pick up just used 2bbl gaskets and got 4bbl from junkyard really easy swap and well worth the time, when you line the intake up it may look like it doesn't line up but thats just how it fits.

Anyone have the correct part number for these?

Never mind I picked up MS90041-1 the Napa by my house had a hard time figuring out exactly what i needed. Now I have both so I will see which one i use.

Thanks for all the input

-
Back