2nd fuel pump.

-
Adam I have done that before. On your car do you still have the stock 5/16 metal line from the tank to the block, or did you upgrade to a 3/8 or larger line?

Most of the pumps seem to pull pretty well for suction on the mechanical type. You are correct in mounting the electric near the tank. They push much beter than suck. But when I used to run dual pumps I also put a regulater between the electric and the mech so that it was not so high to blow out the seals. I then also still needed a regulator from the mech pump to the card for proper line pressure.

May be overkill in you application? That strip pump is almost always all you will need,

PS On a lot of race cares and motor homes we use to step up to 9/16 or 1/2 fuel line. Many people think it is all about pressure, but pressure goes up when volume drops. So if you really drink the fuel, step in line size. I did 9/16 of my 416 in the Dart.

Dave, its getting all new 3/8" line. The sender is been replaced with a 3/8" unit also. I have the pump so I think I may just put it in before I run the line to be safe.

Personally I'd just use the electric pump, you don't need the mechanical at all.

I use two Holley blue pumps, one for each bowl.

Guitar Jones said:
Personally I'd just use the electric pump, you don't need the mechanical at all.

I use two Holley blue pumps, one for each bowl.

Yeah but it looks more stock with it hanging there. Anyway, I said screw it and put it in.

IM000036.jpg

IM000032.jpg

I want to tweek that line near the shock a bit even thou there is plenty of roo. I think I can make it a little neater.

-
Back