-
Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffTheMarine

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Pinion bearing is about shot in my recently purchased 3.91SG 742 case and I dont have the 400 to rebuild it right now so i am looking for a cheaper one with open gears to throw back into my car. I dont care what casting the case is but I want to stick between 3.23-3.91 Like I said open gear any case.

Thanks

Jeff
775-772-4926

Pinion bearing is about shot in my recently purchased 3.91SG 742 case and I dont have the 400 to rebuild it right now so i am looking for a cheaper one with open gears to throw back into my car. I dont care what casting the case is but I want to stick between 3.23-3.91 Like I said open gear any case.

Thanks

Jeff
775-772-4926

If you were closer to me I would help you fix yours alot cheaper than 400.00. Sorry

The front one. If I grab my drive shaft at the end right near the yoke the pinion will move about 1/4" back and forth.

Jeff

Sounds like your pinion nut has come loose? Drop the rear part of the driveshaft and put a socket on the pinion nut and see if it needs tightening.

if the pinion nut is loose take it of clean the threads put blue locktite on them and tighten the **** out of the nut. if the nut is not loose the bearings are bad. good luck.

Was supposed to pick one up today and the seller is not returning my calls. I really need one bad this weekend so I can get my car back on the road since it is a daily driver.

Help appreciated

Jeff

there was one on craigslist for 150
i can give you the phone number if you want

I have one now and thanks again Jay. Back in Washington where I am from 100 is a little expensive. The last 3.55 741 case I bought for a different car I spent 65 on that is about the average price. If you feel like you sold it for an unfair price feel free to call me and we can discuss it.

Thanks
Jeff

I have one now and thanks again Jay. Back in Washington where I am from 100 is a little expensive. The last 3.55 741 case I bought for a different car I spent 65 on that is about the average price. If you feel like you sold it for an unfair price feel free to call me and we can discuss it.

Thanks
Jeff
No Jeff i feel the Price was fair Just making a joke out of what the other guy said $150.00 on craigslist No Worries !

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back