3/4 Tank Of Fuel............

-

Mike's Dart

Dodging The Negative Darting Toward The Positive
Reaction score
........and I know that because the new Sending Unit has been installed, leak and ops check good!! Amazing how easy this little car is to work on compared to todays automobiles!
:thumbsup:

Yeah I'm confused too? Add another 1/4 tank and it will be full then.:rolleyes:

Just a suggestion, when I replaced the sender I put a two gallon can of gas in the trunk and ran the car out of gas to find out what the gauge said when it was empty.

I played with mine until I got ohms right , then installed in new tank and flipped tank upside down to check before adding gas

No question, just happy the fuel gauge is working now! R&R'd the sending unit yesterday!
Sure as heck wish my gas guage worked!! Got the car on the road sept. 24 and I ran out of gas twice and coasted up to the pump sputtering 2 other times.

Sure as heck wish my gas guage worked!! Got the car on the road sept. 24 and I ran out of gas twice and coasted up to the pump sputtering 2 other times.
I ran out last Thursday LOL!! I knew I was going to do the Sending Unit this past weekend so my "guestimate" on what was left in the tank was a smidge off! First time since 1983 (54' Ford Pick-up) gas gauge did not work then either!

I played with mine until I got ohms right , then installed in new tank and flipped tank upside down to check before adding gas

Me to, but since the pickup tube is what really determines where the thing runs out of gas and not the float, I wanted to verify that without question.

I agree and my filter sets flat on bottom. I just wanted to verify where gauge would be at that point

-
Back